ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

just got my application refused any suggestion would be good

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hammad
Newly Registered

just got my application refused any suggestion would be good

Post by hammad » Wed May 16, 2007 1:00 am

just got my reply from HM abt my spouse visa, and got refused,
i do have right to appeal and have all the paper work ready.
wot are the chance of me winning my appeal , or how to prepare or cover every angle.

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Re: just got my application refused any suggestion would be

Post by AksanaT » Wed May 16, 2007 9:05 am

hammad wrote:just got my reply from HM abt my spouse visa, and got refused,
i do have right to appeal and have all the paper work ready.
wot are the chance of me winning my appeal , or how to prepare or cover every angle.
hi
sorry to hear about your refusal.
why did they refuse you? you can make a fresh application considering the reasons of refusal or lodge the appeal. But I can say that the appeal will take not shot time from 6 months up to 1 year. I think you should ask the legal advise to the solicitor concerning your situtation. It will be the best way for you at the moment.
Good luck to you.

hammad
Newly Registered

refusal

Post by hammad » Wed May 16, 2007 11:48 am

thks, for ur concern they are gona right to my solicitor in short due, and am gona take it from there..
never knew that ,appeal takes this long now i have got a lawyer to assist me with my case

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Wed May 16, 2007 3:50 pm

hi
I have read your previous posts. If i understood right you are overstayer at the moment. So I can give you an advise to go home and re-apply from there. You would have more chances to get your spouse visa than re-apply here or lodge the appeal.
Good luck.

ilm

Post by ilm » Wed May 16, 2007 4:30 pm

Assuming you are an overstayer who has applied for a spouse visa from the UK here is my experience, hopefully it is of some help.

---

I have spoken to solicitors who claim they can win spouse visa cases where the applicant is an overstayer but I have yet to speak to a single applicant who has been successful.

I spoke to somebody quite high up in uk immigration who said going back was the only way and that I was being badly advised by my solicitor.

On top of this my MP advised against going against the advice of the solicitor which left us completely unsure as to what to do.

We didn't know who to believe but having read up on the subject, and just wanting the visa resolved it was very clear that going back to apply was the only option that we had any control over even though we were advised by the solicitor it was a very bad idea.

We sacked the solicitor, went back, and got a visa for my wife in two days.

I am obviously very pleased we didn't apply in the UK and I think you should really consider going back to apply if it is at all possible, however I appreciate more than most what a big decision this is and that it has the potential to go disasterously wrong!

I can guarantee to you the HO will fight your appeal all the way as they have a very definate policy on this, and they seem to be getting ever more strict with those who don't want to follow their rules.

That said if you do appeal you will need a very good, experienced, OISC solicitor. We cannot advise what to do to 'cover every angle' but I would ensure you find out from your solicitor exactly what they are going to do for you and why they think they can win an appeal.

Also ensure you read the the OISC rules and understand your rights. http://www.oisc.gov.uk/
Last edited by ilm on Wed May 16, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.