ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application before 28 days of 10 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

natesh87
Newly Registered

ILR application before 28 days of 10 years

Post by natesh87 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi

I know ILR applicant can apply 28 days before 10 years.

BUT

My question is:
Do I have to have valid visa for 10 years (qualifying period), including last 28 days, and only then I can apply 28 days before 10 years?

Or even If my visa runs out 28 days before 10 years, I will still be eligible for ILR and will be able to apply for ILR?

thank you all for your time

Natesh

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:14 pm

You should apply for ILR before your leave expires. It doesn't matter if you don't have leave after you apply as leave will be extended under Section 3C.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

natesh87
Newly Registered

Post by natesh87 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Thank you Vinny

How about if I am short of 10 years by say 45 days... Shall I still take this approach of applying for ILR before visa expiry, so that my leave extends by 3C?

And hopefully by the time they make a decision, I will already complete my qualifying period of 10 years?

Appreciate your time Vinny

Thanks
Natesh

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:47 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

natesh87
Newly Registered

Post by natesh87 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:50 pm

thank you so much Vinny

I have another question please

Does the 10 years clock start from the visa stamp date from back home? Or does it start from the day you enter UK?

Thank you Vinny

Natesh

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Enter.