ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible for ILR, have been on Tier 2 ICT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

help_pleased
Newly Registered

Am I eligible for ILR, have been on Tier 2 ICT

Post by help_pleased » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Hello Friends,

Please can someone be kind enough to answer my question.

I have been working on Tier 2 Inter Company Transferred Employer sponsored visa since Dec. 2007.
In between my visa expired and I had to go back to india where I stayed for a month this was in December 2010. The second time my visa expired in 2012 I had to stay in India for 105 days for getting the new visa.
Since december 2007 till date .. I am on Tier 2 ICT and currently have got the visa valid till 2015.
My question is when i was in india for 35 days in 2010 I did not had a UK visa at that time and for 105 days in 2012 when I was in India without a UK visa. Other than that I have only been to India on holidays for 2 weeks for so.
I want to know if I still qualify for ILR or I do not qualify for the reason at the time I was in India I did not have a valid UK visa at that time.
Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Subbarao

Re: Am I eligible for ILR, have been on Tier 2 ICT

Post by Subbarao » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:45 pm

help_pleased wrote:Hello Friends,

Please can someone be kind enough to answer my question.

I have been working on Tier 2 Inter Company Transferred Employer sponsored visa since Dec. 2007.
In between my visa expired and I had to go back to india where I stayed for a month this was in December 2010. The second time my visa expired in 2012 I had to stay in India for 105 days for getting the new visa.
Since december 2007 till date .. I am on Tier 2 ICT and currently have got the visa valid till 2015.
My question is when i was in india for 35 days in 2010 I did not had a UK visa at that time and for 105 days in 2012 when I was in India without a UK visa. Other than that I have only been to India on holidays for 2 weeks for so.
I want to know if I still qualify for ILR or I do not qualify for the reason at the time I was in India I did not have a valid UK visa at that time.
Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
if you went back to india and not earning anything in UK ( not on an any visa) then it will not be considered as continuous employment. sorry for that.

Please read the continuous employment pdf for ILR.

help_pleased
Newly Registered

Thank you very much.

Post by help_pleased » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Thank you very much.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:23 pm

The second time my visa expired in 2012 I had to stay in India for 105 days for getting the new visa.
for 105 days in 2012 when I was in India without a UK visa.

So I presume this is a new ICT visa that you applied for (and not an extension). When was this visa stamped?