ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP SUSPENSION TILL 4th Dec, News Rules for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun May 06, 2007 6:27 pm

Thanks london blonde
is there a place where this is documented??
So what I am hearing is that because I will have reached my 5 year mark under hsmp when I apply for ILR, then the hsmp evaluation method using the point system will no longer be utilized.
Were they using a point system in my previous renewals?

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed May 16, 2007 8:46 pm

LondonBlonde wrote:Fortunately, ILR is nearly the same for HSMP as everyone else. You will not have to pass FLR(HSMP) points again, however you will want to have a job and enough funds to support yourself for the next x months. Also, there is a new Britishness test you will need to pass.

Once you have an extension that allows you to stay under HSMP / WP for at least 5 years, you will not be required to meet the rigid points system again.

LondonBlonde
Hi,

This is exactly what my understanding was as well, but the question is, as we all know, none of us would have arrived the same day of geting our EC issued, many of us would have entered UK after at least a couple of weeks of getting their EC (for either 1 or 2 years), then we have successfully got our FLR (3 or 4 years), but at the end of existing FLR also, we still lack those few weeks or days to complete our eligibility of staying in the country for 5 years. Now, do we need to file another FLR for that period to make our stay 5 years? and if yes, then, won't we require to meet the new criteria and claim points under new system? and if you say NO, we can straight away file ILR, do we have any documentation to support that?

At last, do we have anyone in this forum whose FLR or ILR (at the end of 4th or 5th year) is/was rejected?

Hope to get some seriou answers,

Dhaval

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Wed May 16, 2007 9:01 pm

Ha, I am the only one I think. My EC starts the date that I arrived in the UK. Was not easy to do, and was told that it was not important by the brit embassy.

I heard that you can apply for ILR something like 4-6 weeks before the five year mark, but can't back that up as it was just in other posts.

You should ask this question in the general immigration board as I'm not sure HSMP board people will know the answer.

The bulk of four year rejections this year will be after september as the rules were made more lienient four years ago this fall.

LondonBlonde

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed May 16, 2007 9:37 pm

Thank you LondonBlond, thanx a million

victorind

Invitation to all HSMP holders in the UK

Post by victorind » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:14 am

HSMP Forum a non profit making organisation formed after the Nov 2006 retrospective changes has now launched its only official website www.hsmpforumltd.com , for regular updates on its Judicial Review and various other activities register now at its forum at http://forum.hsmpforumltd.com

The retrospective changes implemented by the UK Home Office in Nov 2006 have caused lots of hardships for HSMP holders who have already been in the UK since 2002.

Due to these changes majority of the HSMP holders do not qualify for further leave to remain. The UK Government is backing off from the very promises they made to HSMP Immigrants on which they were invited to UK. After the retrospective changes implemented on 8th Nov people are being asked to re-qualify for their visa extension thru an unfair points based system (PBS) rather than initial promise of extension on economic activity alone.

The Commission for facial Equality (CRE) after a meeting with HSMP Forum recently wrote to Immigration and Nationality Directorate informing that the new rules does indirect discrimination towards non EEA nationals and penalizes ethnic minorities.

After several requests made by CRE to provide the Race Equality Impact Assessment (REIA) copy, the REIA was provided by Border and Immigration Agency (IND) to CRE next day after HSMP Forum raised the issue during the meeting with the Immigration Minister on 26th March 07. CRE criticized BIA on not publishing the REIA (or making it available), lack of consultation for the changes and basically conducting a flawed REIA.

Many HSMP immigrants don't qualify for further Extension due to these new changes and are being forced to wind up their establishments, careers, schooling of their children, and investments and are being forced to leave the Country. This is after making innumerable sacrifices like leaving their well established careers back home, selling their properties and overall uprooting their family to settle in the UK based on the undertaking given by the UK Government.

A Judicial Review has been filed against the changes by HSMP Forum Ltd and further development on the same is still awaited.

Join now at the forum, support the campaign and discuss your issues and get support at www.hsmpforumltd.org

victorind

E-petition for Nov 2006 HSMP changes

Post by victorind » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:36 am

rely

Re: HSMP new points criterion - Specificially Indian earning

Post by rely » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:30 am

DUMP HIM .JUSt WASTING OUR TIME.
Rely

umeshsethi wrote:Hi , this is a criteria for those whose applicable country code is India i.e those in India, or those on deputation ( provable) from India.

There are still points to be gone into detail but based on current information., we have posted the details on our website.

http://www.workandstudyoverseas.com/hsm ... ontext.htm

Regards
Umesh Sethi