ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spelling Mistake of Surname on current Passport and ESOL

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SHK

Spelling Mistake of Surname on current Passport and ESOL

Post by SHK » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:34 am

My wife need to apply for Naturalization application.

Her current passport has a spelling mistake of surname and also her English test ESOL has same spelling mistake as taken from current passport.

Her previous passport and other documents has correct spelling for surname.

Do we need to mention both name on application form.

1.5 / Surname with spelling mistake
1.6 / First Name
1.7 / Full Name with right spelling and explain on page 13 .

Regards

mealos

Post by mealos » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:45 am

I suggest you get that mistake corrected prior to applying to naturalization unless the consulate here keeps the passport with typo for giving a corrected one to you. (In this case you would lose the residence records of your exit and enters to UK).

I can't understand why you haven't had it corrected when you first received that passport. Is that an Arabic speaking country , I know some that make different phonetics interpretations for the same name in passport renewals.

I'd try to get a new passport with a correct name, have this one cancelled yet get a hold onto to it no matter what cos you need your bloody passport more than you need the name correctly spelled.

If you have to submit the old passport to provide the residence requirement proof then you definitely shouldnt risk a refusal based on this. At least try to get a letter from your embassy stating the situation.
How far away are two names? Like Hania and Hanya or significantly different?

SHK

Post by SHK » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Thank you for your reply.

My wife hold ILR from Last 25 year.

Her current passport only hold the incorrect spelling of surname which also came on Life in UK test.

He Previous passport and rest of all official document contain the right spelling.

The difference is miner like Choudhary is written as Choudahry

Just letter ( a ) is being place in different.

I was think to send a letter along with application .

Her two previous passport with right name spelling.

The other official documents with application.

mealos

Post by mealos » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 am

I wouldn't notice the typo myself if you haven't mentioned that , my friend. Have you tried inquiring Home Office about this? Maybe they can say if it is negligible cos seems literally a typo with two letters swapped doesn't allowing a pronunciation mistake.

I am absolutely no expert in such so I'd humbly suggest immediately contact Home Office and clarify, add the printed correspondence to your application to assure.

Still, can't you have a correction letter or something from your consulate?