ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:20 am

skyiswide wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:Hi All,

Im not sure how much this is true but there is a rumour going on that the HO IT / Printing equipment has got a major fault in it thats the reason no one has received any approval letters or acknowledgement letters in rhe past 10 days... I called the NCS office I applied from and the lady also told me that they have not received any citizenship certificates for the past 2 weeks as HO has some internal technical issues...
Has any one of you heard the same thing???
I dont know whether this is correct or not but for sure I can tell you lady over the phonde from council told me home office told her there wont be any citizenship certificate within next two weeks. And she said ho are extremely busy. My approval came recently by my enclosed pre paid special delivery envelope. But approval date was within last 10 days. And on approval letter they mentioned they will send me an invitation letter within two weeks of approval later date.

Well I received an email from HO on 22.07.13 that a decision has been made and the decision letter will be with you shortly but I have not received any thing yet, I have sent another email on 02.08.13 to HO to inform them that I have not received any post from HO, now waiting for HO to reply probably on Monday or Tuesday.

saadmushtaq

Post by saadmushtaq » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 am

ikk1980 wrote:
skyiswide wrote:

Im not sure how much this is true but there is a rumour going on that the HO IT / Printing equipment has got a major fault in it thats the reason no one has received any approval letters or acknowledgement letters in rhe past 10 days... I called the NCS office I applied from and the lady also told me that they have not received any citizenship certificates for the past 2 weeks as HO has some internal technical issues...
I dont know whether this is correct or not but for sure I can tell you lady over the phonde from council told me home office told her there wont be any citizenship certificate within next two weeks. And she said ho are extremely busy. My approval came recently by my enclosed pre paid special delivery envelope. But approval date was within last 10 days. And on approval letter they mentioned they will send me an invitation letter within two weeks of approval later date.

Well I received an email from HO on 22.07.13 that a decision has been made and the decision letter will be with you shortly but I have not received any thing yet, I have sent another email on 02.08.13 to HO to inform them that I have not received any post from HO, now waiting for HO to reply probably on Monday or Tuesday.

When did you apply ?

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:04 am

saadmushtaq wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:
skyiswide wrote:

When did you apply ?

I had applied on 13.03.13

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:28 am

ikk1980 wrote:
saadmushtaq wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:
skyiswide wrote:

When did you apply ?

It takes 7-15 days to get the decision letter by post from ho for people in ncs category applicant. And by post application (self) ...if applicant enclosed special delivery return envelope then it takes only a day to get the approval letter. But still need to wait for invitation letter people who in self applicant categories. And it takes again 10-17 days to get the invitation letter in general from ho. And majority ncs applicant received one combination letter from home office...approval plus invitation to attend ceremony. So those ncs applicant can attend ceremony immediately according to council time. But self applicant needs to wait for invitation letter before book ceremony. Even certificate arrive in council still they demand invitation letter from applicant on the day of ceremony. Approval letter is not enough for them. As majority post..self applicant attached pre paid envelope so they received it so quick. But as they need other letter. Letter of invitation from home office so its same length of waiting. I am sure you will get your approval letter within next week. So cheer up my friend. And as you applied via ncs so you will get approval and invitation letter together or in combined. Good luck. I am still waiting for invitation letter.

Alsuwaidi
Newly Registered

Post by Alsuwaidi » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:29 pm

@Skyiswide. Thank you for this. Are you sure about a single letter is sent out by HO serving both as an approval & invitation letter to attend ceremony? And are you sure about this practice is restricted to applicants applying via NCS?

Or is it just a guesswork based on the average application turnout?

Sorry but I just wanted to know for myself and others. Thank you.

I had applied on 13.03.13[/quote]

It takes 7-15 days to get the decision letter by post from ho for people in ncs category applicant. And by post application (self) ...if applicant enclosed special delivery return envelope then it takes only a day to get the approval letter. But still need to wait for invitation letter people who in self applicant categories. And it takes again 10-17 days to get the invitation letter in general from ho. And majority ncs applicant received one combination letter from home office...approval plus invitation to attend ceremony. So those ncs applicant can attend ceremony immediately according to council time. But self applicant needs to wait for invitation letter before book ceremony. Even certificate arrive in council still they demand invitation letter from applicant on the day of ceremony. Approval letter is not enough for them. As majority post..self applicant attached pre paid envelope so they received it so quick. But as they need other letter. Letter of invitation from home office so its same length of waiting. I am sure you will get your approval letter within next week. So cheer up my friend. And as you applied via ncs so you will get approval and invitation letter together or in combined. Good luck. I am still waiting for invitation letter.[/quote]

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:39 am

Alsuwaidi wrote:@Skyiswide. Thank you for this. Are you sure about a single letter is sent out by HO serving both as an approval & invitation letter to attend ceremony? And are you sure about this practice is restricted to applicants applying via NCS?

Or is it just a guesswork based on the average application turnout?

Sorry but I just wanted to know for myself and others. Thank you.

It takes 7-15 days to get the decision letter by post from ho for people in ncs category applicant. And by post application (self) ...if applicant enclosed special delivery return envelope then it takes only a day to get the approval letter. But still need to wait for invitation letter people who in self applicant categories. And it takes again 10-17 days to get the invitation letter in general from ho. And majority ncs applicant received one combination letter from home office...approval plus invitation to attend ceremony. So those ncs applicant can attend ceremony immediately according to council time. But self applicant needs to wait for invitation letter before book ceremony. Even certificate arrive in council still they demand invitation letter from applicant on the day of ceremony. Approval letter is not enough for them. As majority post..self applicant attached pre paid envelope so they received it so quick. But as they need other letter. Letter of invitation from home office so its same length of waiting. I am sure you will get your approval letter within next week. So cheer up my friend. And as you applied via ncs so you will get approval and invitation letter together or in combined. Good luck. I am still waiting for invitation letter.[/quote][/quote]

Yes I said in general and I also said some ncs applicant received both letter on same day. For NCS applicant invitations letter is not mandatory to council. With approved letter they can take oath as long as local council receive certificate. By post self applicant needs to wait for invitation letter. Of course council will book ceremony appointment for self applicant if someone phoned council regarding their certificate. But still they will surely ask for invitation letter on the day of ceremony. Some council very few in number may allow to take the oath but stero type council will say to rebook the date or write to ho for invitation letter.

AlinaAlina11
Newly Registered

Post by AlinaAlina11 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 am

Hi all,

Please can someone tell me what number are you guys calling to get an update on the status of the application?
I have applied exactly 1 month ago through NCS, the funds have been deducted 4 days later but NO letters have been received from the Home Office. Has anyone experience that / should I get worried?

Thank you,
A.

aarti211
Newly Registered

Post by aarti211 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 am

AlinaAlina11 wrote:Hi all,

Please can someone tell me what number are you guys calling to get an update on the status of the application?
I have applied exactly 1 month ago through NCS, the funds have been deducted 4 days later but NO letters have been received from the Home Office. Has anyone experience that / should I get worried?

Thank you,
A.
I sent an email to NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they replied within 3 working days.

No decision has been made yet. :(

saadmushtaq

Post by saadmushtaq » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:42 am

aarti211 wrote:
AlinaAlina11 wrote:Hi all,

Thank you,
A.
I sent an email to NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they replied within 3 working days.

No decision has been made yet. :(

You just applied on 16th July. People who applied in January they are still waiting :(

AlinaAlina11
Newly Registered

Post by AlinaAlina11 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:42 am

I have applied on July, 2nd, not the 16th..
Thank you for the email address guys, let's all stay positive!

iactcrazy
Newly Registered

My application Timeline

Post by iactcrazy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 am

Eligibility criteria : 2 years Spouse + 1 year ILR
Nationality : Ukrainian
Method of application : Self, Posted with a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope enclosed
Date of application : 17 July 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA : 19 July 2013
Date of debit of fee : 19 July 2013
Date acknowledged : 19/07/2013 received letter on 22/07/2013
Original Documents returned - Awaiting
Date of approval : Awaiting
Date of Ceremony : Awaiting

I would have thought that my original documents would have been returned by now considering I enclosed an A4 padded Special Delivery Envelope. Guess they will send it when they have something they want to include as well!

jalal.din

Post by jalal.din » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:04 pm

I applied on 17th June using Merton NCS. I sent an email to home office to check on progress and they replied following today.
Dear Jalal,

Thank you for your email.

An invitation letter was sent to you on the 17th July. If you have not received this by the 9th August please advise and we will ask the team to reprint and send the letter again.

Kind regards,
I am wondering what is taking so long that I haven't received the letter in four weeks?

haider2026
Newly Registered

Post by haider2026 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Nationality: PAKISTANI
Eligibility criteria: 2 Years HSMP + 3 Years Tier 1+ 1yr ILR
Self, Wife and 2 children
Method of application: NCS (Manchester)
Date of application: 06/06/13
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit of fees: 12/06/13
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval: 19/07/2013
Date of Ceremony: To be allocated

Now here is my question. I have not received any letter yet but i emailed UKBA and got the following reply:

An invitation letter was sent to you on the 19th July.
As you have not received this I have contacted the team and asked them to reprint it and send it to you again.

Is it only the invitation letter they send out or should i ask for a citizenship confirmation letter as well and i have received nothing yet in the mail?

Ceilid
Newly Registered

Post by Ceilid » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:51 pm

jalal.din wrote: An invitation letter was sent to you on the 17th July. If you have not received this by the 9th August please advise and we will ask the team to reprint and send the letter again.
Same thing with me, as I've just figured out:

I e-mailed the HO yesterday and have received a response today (well, at least they were quick to reply, I must admit! 8) )

A letter was sent to you on the 24th July.
Should you not receive this by the 12th August please advise again and we will ask the team to reprint it and send it again.

Either the Royal Mail takes forever to deliver the post, or the HO tells...well, not exactly the "truth"? :wink:

ikk1980

Re: British Citizenship Update

Post by ikk1980 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:30 pm

ikk1980 wrote:Eligibility Criteria: Spouse British Citizen 2 Year + ILR 1 Year
Method Of Application: National Checking Service Manchester (£45.00)
Date Of Application: 13/03/2013
Date Of Receipt By UKBA: 14/03/2013 (Checked Online Royal Mail Tracking)
Date Of Debit Of Fees: 20/03/2013
Date Of Receipt Of Acknowledgement: 27/03/2013 (Letter Dated: 20/03/13)
Date Of Receipt Of Approval: TBC
Date Of Ceremony: TBC

I Can See That A Majority Of People Who Applied 2nd Week Or 3rd Week Of March 2013 Are Still Waiting For Approval.

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

I Emailed Home Office On Thursday 18.07.13 Asking Them If They Have Sent Any Further Correspondence After The Acknowledgement.

I Got A Reply From The Home Office This Morning At 09:22 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email Below, I Can Confirm That No Further Letters Have Been Sent Since That You Received On 20th March 2013. Your Address Details Are Held Correctly On Our System.)

Then I Got Another Email From The Home Office At 14:18 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email. I Have Checked Our Records And Can Confirm That A Decision Has Been Made On Your Application. The Decision Letter And Any Supporting Documents Should Be With You Shortly. If You Do Not Receive The Decision By 5th August, Please Contact Us Again.)

Now The Actual Wait & Suspense Starts What The Decision Is + When The Post Man Is Going To Bring The Brown Envelope. Will Update As Soon As The Brown Envelope Arrives.
Update 06.08.13

I Again Emailed Home Office On 02.08.13

(Good Evening, Hope To Find You Well. I Just Wanted To Update You That Till Now I Have Not Received Any Decision Letter On Your Behalf Since Your Last Email Correspondence On 22.07.13 In My Post.

I Am Wondering If It Has Either Been Delivered Again To A Wrong Mail Box In My Apartment Or It Has Been Lost In The Post By Royal Mail.

Any Ways Is It Possible To Get The Decision Of My Application On My Email?

Thank You For Your Assistance & Have A Nice Weekend.
)

Then I Got This Reply Today On 06.08.13

(Thank You For Your Email.

I Have Contacted The Team And Asked Them To Reprint The Letter And Send It To You Again.
)

So I Think I Have To Wait Another 10 - 15 Days To Find Out...

naumanmumtaz

Re: British Citizenship Update

Post by naumanmumtaz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:15 pm

ikk1980 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:Eligibility Criteria: Spouse British Citizen 2 Year + ILR 1 Year
Method Of Application: National Checking Service Manchester (£45.00)
Date Of Application: 13/03/2013
Date Of Receipt By UKBA: 14/03/2013 (Checked Online Royal Mail Tracking)
Date Of Debit Of Fees: 20/03/2013
Date Of Receipt Of Acknowledgement: 27/03/2013 (Letter Dated: 20/03/13)
Date Of Receipt Of Approval: TBC
Date Of Ceremony: TBC

I Can See That A Majority Of People Who Applied 2nd Week Or 3rd Week Of March 2013 Are Still Waiting For Approval.

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

I Emailed Home Office On Thursday 18.07.13 Asking Them If They Have Sent Any Further Correspondence After The Acknowledgement.

I Got A Reply From The Home Office This Morning At 09:22 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email Below, I Can Confirm That No Further Letters Have Been Sent Since That You Received On 20th March 2013. Your Address Details Are Held Correctly On Our System.)

Then I Got Another Email From The Home Office At 14:18 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email. I Have Checked Our Records And Can Confirm That A Decision Has Been Made On Your Application. The Decision Letter And Any Supporting Documents Should Be With You Shortly. If You Do Not Receive The Decision By 5th August, Please Contact Us Again.)

Now The Actual Wait & Suspense Starts What The Decision Is + When The Post Man Is Going To Bring The Brown Envelope. Will Update As Soon As The Brown Envelope Arrives.
Update 06.08.13

I Again Emailed Home Office On 02.08.13

(Good Evening, Hope To Find You Well. I Just Wanted To Update You That Till Now I Have Not Received Any Decision Letter On Your Behalf Since Your Last Email Correspondence On 22.07.13 In My Post.

I Am Wondering If It Has Either Been Delivered Again To A Wrong Mail Box In My Apartment Or It Has Been Lost In The Post By Royal Mail.

Any Ways Is It Possible To Get The Decision Of My Application On My Email?

Thank You For Your Assistance & Have A Nice Weekend.
)

Then I Got This Reply Today On 06.08.13

(Thank You For Your Email.

I Have Contacted The Team And Asked Them To Reprint The Letter And Send It To You Again.
)

So I Think I Have To Wait Another 10 - 15 Days To Find Out...

It looks funny and I think they did not bother to look at your application and when you sent them email they realised its nearly 6 Months and then they quickly decided your application.
That shows it takes them couple of hours to make decision but silly people just want people like us to hang on for no reason.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Misu79

Hi

Post by Misu79 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 pm

I applied on the 10th of April 2013. Last Friday I emailed the home office and they replied today as follow:
Could some one explain to me what this email mean:

Your case is currently under consideration.

An invitation letter was sent out to you, if you have not received this by the 19th August please contact us again and confirm your current address details.

Fayth Barber
Customer Service Advisor
Home Office

ikk1980

Re: Hi

Post by ikk1980 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Misu79 wrote:I applied on the 10th of April 2013. Last Friday I emailed the home office and they replied today as follow:

An invitation letter was sent out to you, if you have not received this by the 19th August please contact us again and confirm your current address details.

Fayth Barber
Customer Service Advisor
Home Office
It Means Either The HO Has Mixed Your Application With Someone Else's Application Or On The Other Hand HO Has Accepted Your Application & Sent You The Invitation Letter For The Ceremony...

Misu79

Re: Hi

Post by Misu79 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:27 am

ikk1980 wrote:
Misu79 wrote:I applied on the 10th of April 2013. Last Friday I emailed the home office and they replied today as follow:

Fayth Barber
Customer Service Advisor
Home Office
It Means Either The HO Has Mixed Your Application With Someone Else's Application Or On The Other Hand HO Has Accepted Your Application & Sent You The Invitation Letter For The Ceremony...
Thank you for your reply mate..

saadmushtaq

Post by saadmushtaq » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:41 am

It seems home office has definately having internal issues and few days back someone wrote as well

"I dont know whether this is correct or not but for sure I can tell you lady over the phonde from council told me home office told her there wont be any citizenship certificate within next two weeks. And she said ho are extremely busy. My approval came recently by my enclosed pre paid special delivery envelope. But approval date was within last 10 days. And on approval letter they mentioned they will send me an invitation letter within two weeks of approval later date."

Vinniebaby33
Newly Registered

Shall I worry?

Post by Vinniebaby33 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 am

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years + 1 year ILR
Method of application: Postal
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26th July 2013 - (Royal Mail signed for)
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

Fees havent been deducted and I havent heard anything..
Shall I worry? or just be patient?

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:12 pm

saadmushtaq wrote:It seems home office has definately having internal issues and few days back someone wrote as well

"I dont know whether this is correct or not but for sure I can tell you lady over the phonde from council told me home office told her there wont be any citizenship certificate within next two weeks. And she said ho are extremely busy. My approval came recently by my enclosed pre paid special delivery envelope. But approval date was within last 10 days. And on approval letter they mentioned they will send me an invitation letter within two weeks of approval later date."
Yes brother I am the one who told this. And now I know two other members in this forum who is also waiting for invitation letter more than 14 days like me. And you can see no one received approval letter after 24th july actual approval date. And when I phoned council to cross check incase my certificate arrived to them but lady from citizenship ceremony department in council told me ho told them no certificate in next two weeks for them. And I dont know about other council. And that was 8 days ago. I have completed my 14 days waiting time but no invitation letter yet like other two members who waiting for invitation letter 2 weeks plus and more. And another membet said in her wife ncs application , ncs told them they haven't received any certificate in last 3 weeks. But I am hoping people will again start to receive documents from beginning of next week or end of this week. Finger crossed. Waiting is bugging me. May God help us all.

Ceilid
Newly Registered

Re: Shall I worry?

Post by Ceilid » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Vinniebaby33 wrote: Fees havent been deducted and I havent heard anything..
Shall I worry? or just be patient?
I'd say wait until the end of next week and then start worrying ;)
I remember that in my case it took them some 10-14 days to deduct the money from my account from the date of applications (via NCS).

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:42 pm

saadmushtaq wrote:It seems home office has definately having internal issues and few days back someone wrote as well

Yes brother I am the one who told this. And now I know two other members inbthis forum eho is also waiting for invitation letter more than 14 days like me. And you can see no one received approval letter after 24th july actual approval date. And when I phoned council to cross check incase my certificate arrived to them but lady from citizenship ceremony department in council told me ho told them no certificate in next two weeks for them. And I dont know about other council. And that was 8 days ago. I have completed my 14 days waiting time but no invitation letter yet like other two members who waiting for invitation letter 2 weeks plus and more. And another membet said in her wife ncs application , ncs told them they haven't received any certificate in last 3 weeks. But I am hoping people will again start to receive documents from beginning of next week or end of this week. Finger crossed. Waiting is bugging me. May God help us all.

abbei

ho

Post by abbei » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:03 pm

I received a email from the ho this morning it has been 4 months since I applied

As previously advised your application is currently with the caseworking team.

We aim to process 95% of applications within 6 months however there will always be a small percentage of applications that take longer than this to be resolved.I cannot give a date by which this application will be resolved, nor can I provide details of the reason(s) why the case is taking this long.  We are not waiting for further information from you.

No further update will be provided until the application has exceeded 6 months