ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:12 pm

suzuka23 wrote:January Application and still waiting :( I just phoned UKBA again and all they said was that it's still on hold in the queue for a decision, but it has been looked at. So depressing!

I rang on 25 of July they told me same thing. I will contract with my local MP very soon.

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Yash33

Please can you tell us why you withdrawn your application ? Thanks

nikcu0

Please can you update us your situation. Thanks

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:46 pm

dreamfriend wrote:Yash33

Please can you tell us why you withdrawn your application ? Thanks

nikcu0

Please can you update us your situation. Thanks
I updated the skydrive after I wrote to Yash33. A family member was poorly so he had to travel but they are OK now. He will apply from scratch and pay the fees again which is ridiculous.

I applied same day as you Dreamfriend and still no news, contacted my MP but his secretary replied and said they cannot do much until 6 months from Biometrics which I find silly, it is 6 months from application. Now the MP is on holidays all of August so I will not have any help until September :( I hope to hear soon though.

All the best for those waiting

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: ilr under process

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:45 pm

suzuka23 wrote:January Application and still waiting :( I just phoned UKBA again and all they said wabs that it's still on hold in the queue for a decision, but it has been looked at. So depressing!
Hi suzuka hope so you will get soon , look at me I have applied in October 2012 still waiting , sister in law died cant go , in the past due visa father in law died not went due case was in court even did nothing wrong, please pray for me, v will get positive decision soon, regards amjad

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:23 am

Congrats when did you apply[/quote]

applied on 10 aug 2012. got ILR on 4/4/2013.
Last edited by kebl303 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Longw8
Newly Registered

Unfair treatment by UKBA

Post by Longw8 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:36 am

I applied in Nov 2013 and still no news from UKBA everytime i call they give me the same answer ' application in process and keet waiting' its getting rather frustrating niw as I have not been anle to work effectively sine my application was posted. I can not travel to help my mom during her operation and now my dad is ill and i cant visit him because of UKBA delay. Guys please suggest what to do ? Already involved MP and UKBA replied her saying my application will be decide within 12 weeks , does that mean i have to wait for 12 weeks now? Or should i take any further action ?

raholptl

Re: Unfair treatment by UKBA

Post by raholptl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 am

Longw8 wrote:I applied in Nov 2013 and still no news from UKBA everytime i call they give me the same answer ' application in process and keet waiting' its getting rather frustrating niw as I have not been anle to work effectively sine my application was posted. I can not travel to help my mom during her operation and now my dad is ill and i cant visit him because of UKBA delay. Guys please suggest what to do ? Already involved MP and UKBA replied her saying my application will be decide within 12 weeks , does that mean i have to wait for 12 weeks now? Or should i take any further action ?
Hi,
Was your case complicated? did you send all passports covering last 10 years?

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14 am

ILR upgrade from Hash_1310

applied : 14/6/2012

ILR received 21/12/2012

Waiting time 27 weeks

Congratulation to him

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:34 am

Longw8 wrote:I applied in Nov 2013 and still no news from UKBA everytime i call they give me the same answer ' application in process and keet waiting' its getting rather frustrating niw as I have not been anle to work effectively sine my application was posted. I can not travel to help my mom during her operation and now my dad is ill and i cant visit him because of UKBA delay. Guys please suggest what to do ? Already involved MP and UKBA replied her saying my application will be decide within 12 weeks , does that mean i have to wait for 12 weeks now? Or should i take any further action ?
Ombudsman is the next option... and in a lighter vein... Nov 2013 and your already mourning about it

regards

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 am

Because he can see his future .
saanju9 wrote:
Ombudsman is the next option... and in a lighter vein... Nov 2013 and your already mourning about it

regards

ppycrmt

Neutralisation

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:33 am

Hi,

Not quite the ILR topic, but can anyone gives me a general procedure, and rules for neutralisation after obtaining your ILR? Do you have to be in the country for 12 months continually? Or are you allow to leave the country?

Thanks.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:38 am

Hi I have applied in October 2012 still waiting , hope you will get soon, regards Amjad

jony_dhaka

Re: Neutralisation

Post by jony_dhaka » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:52 am

Standard requirements for naturalisation

Naturalisation
This page provides details of the requirements you must meet before we can naturalise you as a British citizen. If you are married to or a civil partner of a British citizen, the requirements you need to meet are different; you should read the Spouses and civil partners page for more details.

There are seven requirements you need to meet before you apply:

You must be aged 18 or over.
You must be of sound mind.
You must intend to continue living in the UK, or to continue in Crown service, the service of an international organisation of which the UK is a member, or the service of a company or association established in the UK.
You must be able to communicate in English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic to an acceptable degree.
You must have sufficient knowledge of life in the UK.
You must be of good character.
You must meet the residential requirements (see below).
Residential requirements
To demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation, you must have:

been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
been present in the UK five years before the date of your application; and
not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.
When does the residential qualifying period start?

The residential qualifying period is calculated from the day when we receive your application. Most unsuccessful applications fail because the applicant was not present in the UK at the beginning of the residential qualifying period. You must make sure you meet this requirement before you make your application. For example, if we receive your application on 25 March 2010, you must show that you were in the UK on 26 March 2005.

If you have spent time in the UK while you were exempt from immigration control, you cannot include this time as part of the residential qualifying period. If you were in the UK as a diplomat or as a member of visiting armed forces, or if you were in any place of detention, you are considered to have been exempt from immigration control during that time. This time is treated as absence from the UK when we assess your application.

Immigration time restrictions

You must be free from immigration time restrictions when you apply for naturalisation. Unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period.

If you are free from immigration time restrictions, there will probably be a stamp or sticker in your passport saying that you have indefinite leave to enter or remain or no time limit on your stay. But you may have a letter from the Home Office saying that you are free from immigration conditions. See The documents we require for naturalisation applications for details of how to prove you are free from immigration time restrictions.

We have discretion to allow applications from people who do not meet this requirement. For details of how we apply discretion, you should read the Discretion on immigration time restrictions page.

European Economic Area nationals and Swiss nationals
If you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, or you are the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status if you have exercised EEA free-movement rights in the UK for a continuous five-year period ending on or after 30 April 2006. You do not need to apply for leave to remain. You should have held permanent residence status for 12 months before you apply for naturalisation.

If you have been outside the UK for six months or more in any one of the five years of the residence period, you will have broken your residence. This does not apply if:

the absence was due to military service; or
all absences were for under 12 months and were for important reasons such as pregnancy, childcare, serious illness, study, vocational training or an overseas posting.
If you leave the UK for a continuous period of two years or more, you will lose your permanent residence status.

If you have indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK, you will be considered to be settled here provided that you have not been away for two years or more since you received ILR.

Breach of immigration laws during residential qualifying period

You must have been in the UK legally throughout the residential qualifying period. We may refuse your naturalisation application if you have breached the immigration laws during that period.

Absences from the UK during the residential qualifying period

During the residential qualifying period, you must not have been absent from the UK for more than 450 days. You must not have been absent for more than 90 days in the last 12 months.

We have discretion to allow absences above the normal limits. For details of how we apply discretion, you should read the Discretion on absences from the UK page.

Crown service

If you are applying on the grounds of your Crown service instead of your residence in the UK, you must show that you:

are serving overseas in Crown service on the date when your application is received; and
have been the holder of a responsible post overseas; and
have given outstanding service, normally over a substantial period; and
have a close connection with the UK.
Crown service is an alternative only to the residence requirements for naturalisation. You must still meet the other requirements for naturalisation. For more information, see Residential requirements (above) and the Discretion on absences from the UK page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/
ppycrmt wrote:Hi,

Not quite the ILR topic, but can anyone gives me a general procedure, and rules for neutralisation after obtaining your ILR? Do you have to be in the country for 12 months continually? Or are you allow to leave the country?

Thanks.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:37 am

Hi I have applied in October 2012 still waiting , hope you will get soon, regards Amjad

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:45 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:Because he can see his future .
saanju9 wrote:

regards
Because he can see his future????...
I didn't get that ???

I thought he mis wrote 2013 to 2012... as he continued that he didn't have any news from UKBA since then..

Am I missing something here

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:14 pm

haha dude chill. i was just joking .. unfortunately you didn't get it .
saanju9 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:

regards
I didn't get that ???

I thought he mis wrote 2013 to 2012... as he continued that he didn't have any news from UKBA since then..

lloyd
Newly Registered

Post by lloyd » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanks Guys...i have made a decision to add a supporting letter...but really looking at it...I don't think my case is complicated because i applied before my visa expired and it took them 4yrs to reach a decision and another year of an in-time appeal. so surely section 3c would have extended my previous leave to the point where appeal was successful and granted a new leave to remain..no gaps...

jony_dhaka wrote:Its always better give something then nothing ..so that they will not have to ask you again the reason of gap.. Your case is a bit complicated so i think you should .Get mentally prepared for long wait(6-10 month ) .

Wish u best
lloyd wrote:Hi All,

I arrived UK 1st Sep 2003 and am applying for ILR - 10yr Residence this week. I just wanted to find out if i need to add a supporting letter stating the gap in my 10 yr history.

The Gap was as a result of an in time application i made many years ago and it took them more than 4yrs to reply me and got refused with right of apeal. I understand that by virtue of Section 3C my previous leave still made me legal and my appeal was successful.

So the gap between when my visa expired in their hands while application was pending to refusal and winning appeal was about 3years. All appeals done in time and have had 2 DLR's till now with the most recent expiring in 2015. I know they have records of this but does any one think i should remind them by adding a supporting letter just incase my application goes to an inexperience case worker like the ones showed on Channel 4 the other day??

nazeeer123
Newly Registered

covering latter for ILR long resident

Post by nazeeer123 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:01 pm

hi can some guide me how to format covering latter for Ilr long resident . thank in advance .

nazeeer123
Newly Registered

covering latter for ILR long resident

Post by nazeeer123 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:02 pm

hi can some guide me how to format covering latter for Ilr long resident . thank in advance

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: covering latter for ILR long resident

Post by saanju9 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:09 am

nazeeer123 wrote:hi can some guide me how to format covering latter for Ilr long resident . thank in advance
Nazeeer ... don't need two posts to ask the same question please delete one

look for the templates here

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=75f30851 ... BQehoK1huM

Longw8
Newly Registered

Post by Longw8 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:39 am

Hello Guys,

Sorry for typing errors in my previous post, indeed I applied in Nov 2012 and its almost 9 months now, contacted my MP and UKBA responded with new timeline of 12 weeks from the date of letter issued to my MP. I have valid Tier 1 Visa until July 2015 wondering if this could be a contributing factor for any delays. I am confused as if I should revoke my application and re-apply later or wait for few more weeks.

UKBA wrote that all the applications made using Set(O) form is taking longer as there are 18 sub categories for this form. People who applied using SET(LR0 are likely to receive decisions quickly.
jony_dhaka wrote:haha dude chill. i was just joking .. unfortunately you didn't get it .
saanju9 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:

regards
I didn't get that ???

Longw8
Newly Registered

Post by Longw8 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:39 am

Hello Guys,

Sorry for typing errors in my previous post, indeed I applied in Nov 2012 and its almost 9 months now, contacted my MP and UKBA responded with new timeline of 12 weeks from the date of letter issued to my MP. I have valid Tier 1 Visa until July 2015 wondering if this could be a contributing factor for any delays. I am confused as if I should revoke my application and re-apply later or wait for few more weeks.

UKBA wrote that all the applications made using Set(O) form is taking longer as there are 18 sub categories for this form. People who applied using SET(LR0 are likely to receive decisions quickly.
jony_dhaka wrote:haha dude chill. i was just joking .. unfortunately you didn't get it .
saanju9 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:

regards
I didn't get that ???

Longw8
Newly Registered

Post by Longw8 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:40 am

Hello Guys,

saanju9 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:

regards
I didn't get that ???

Longw8
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residence by UKBA

Post by Longw8 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:40 am

Hello Guys,

saanju9 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:

regards
I didn't get that ???

TheGreenTea

Re: Long Residence by UKBA

Post by TheGreenTea » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:14 am

Longw8 wrote: UKBA wrote that all the applications made using Set(O) form is taking longer as there are 18 sub categories for this form. People who applied using SET(LR0 are likely to receive decisions quickly.
Where did you see this?

I wouldn't revoke your application, might as well wait until you receive your ILR. I have been calling HO since mid July and they have been telling me that they are dealing with November applications. Just wait :-)