ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is it going to end - stateless forever?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mpc
Newly Registered

When is it going to end - stateless forever?

Post by mpc » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Hello

Stateless and since 1994 living in Ireland.
Last 10 years on a renewable every few years stamp 4.

I haven't got birth cert and there is no way I can get one and as result unable to apply for citizenship.

What should I do to get more permanent status?
Kind Regards

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Who told you that having no birth certificate and unable to get one will result in you not applying for citizenship?

Honestly I dont understand how people can be misinformed some times! Or you really dont care to get a citizenship since your Stamp 4 is being renewed every few years?

Whenever you're serious to apply for citizenship, it is acceptable to apply for citizenship even with no birth certificate
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

mpc
Newly Registered

Post by mpc » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:52 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:Who told you that having no birth certificate and unable to get one will result in you not applying for citizenship?

Honestly I dont understand how people can be misinformed some times! Or you really dont care to get a citizenship since your Stamp 4 is being renewed every few years?

Whenever you're serious to apply for citizenship, it is acceptable to apply for citizenship even with no birth certificate
When applying for naturalization there is check list. Says everything in the list must be included in the initial application or returned back as incomplete.

The birth cert in the check list.
Did I miss something, are you saying they will take application without valid birth certificate?

Thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:27 pm

mpc wrote:When applying for naturalization there is check list. Says everything in the list must be included in the initial application or returned back as incomplete.

The birth cert in the check list.
Did I miss something, are you saying they will take application without valid birth certificate?

Thanks
In that same Chechklist it says ''If you do not have your birth certificate (or marriage certificate/civil partnership registration if married to or are the civil partner of an Irish citizen)then you should get it from the relevant authorities in the country where your birth and/or marriage/civil partnership was registered before making an application for a certificate of naturalisation. In certain limited circumstances a birth affidavit may be accepted in lieu of a Birth Certificate, where the certificate is not available and cannot be obtained. Please note that this is only accepted in exceptional circumstances. If you are not in possession of or have lost your birth certificate, an affidavit will NOT be accepted. You must obtain it from the relevant authorities before applying.''

I dont know why I am the one to be telling you this after 10 long years of living in Ireland.

It is possible to get a birth affidavit from a solicitor here and a written letter as to why you cant obtain your birth certificate from your country of origin.

mpc
Newly Registered

Post by mpc » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:42 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote: I dont know why I am the one to be telling you this after 10 long years of living in Ireland.
It is possible to get a birth affidavit from a solicitor here and a written letter as to why you cant obtain your birth certificate from your country of origin.
Thank you IntegratedMigrant. Really helpful.
You are the best !

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:41 pm

803 Posts, 197 more Posts that may lead to resignation. Im glad that I helped all.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:54 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:803 Posts, 197 more Posts that may lead to resignation. Im glad that I helped all.
do u have to leave this forum ?? u have been really a great help and support to a lot of people in here ... your help and efforts are very much appreciated . and i personally give u the credit for that .

however , i would rather not seeing u leaving this forum, but if u have to then i have to respect your decision and wish u the best of luck in your life and may god be with u and your family .

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:34 pm

adelmurray wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:803 Posts, 197 more Posts that may lead to resignation. Im glad that I helped all.
do u have to leave this forum ?? u have been really a great help and support to a lot of people in here ... your help and efforts are very much appreciated . and i personally give u the credit for that .

however , i would rather not seeing u leaving this forum, but if u have to then i have to respect your decision and wish u the best of luck in your life and may god be with u and your family .
Thanks adelmurray, we'll see how that get on, but I do not guarantee on staying after a 1000 Posts.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:40 pm

There is no need to be competitive. 1 post or 1000 or 1002; if it helps another great.

Just a thought.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:08 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:There is no need to be competitive. 1 post or 1000 or 1002; if it helps another great.

Just a thought.
Its never a competition but to help people!. Besides I dont know who or what I am competing with?

I thought of leaving immediately few days ago but have decided to set a target before I leave; part of saying goodbye and helping as much as I can.

EUsmileWEallsmile, if there is anything you gotta say to me is Thank you. I expect that from you of all people. Just a thought :idea:

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:25 am

What is the reason why you can't get your birth cert and currently don't have any citizenship?
If it is a good one, as mentioned by IntegratedMigrant they should let it got without the birth cert.

mpc
Newly Registered

Post by mpc » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:24 am

I have printed birth affidavit

And as far as I understand I have to provide proof that I cannot obtain the birth certificate.

I guess I have to start with Embassy and get some papertrash.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:59 am

mpc wrote:I have printed birth affidavit

And as far as I understand I have to provide proof that I cannot obtain the birth certificate.

I guess I have to start with Embassy and get some papertrash.
Yes. You still havent stated any reason/s as to why you cannot obtain your birth certificate so we may try and help in that regards?

There is also an age declaration form in every country I presume that you can take an oath at the high court of who you are and you're age. This is accepted as a birth certificate!.

divinewill
Newly Registered

Post by divinewill » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:07 pm

my naija man, please do not praise yourself give praise to the almighty who provide the brain, all the same all behalf of those you have helped thanks to God, decrease your self to exalt the giver of everything[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"]There is no need to be competitive. 1 post or 1000 or 1002; if it helps another great.

Just a thought.[/quote]
Its never a competition but to help people!. Besides I dont know who or what I am competing with?

I thought of leaving immediately few days ago but have decided to set a target before I leave; part of saying goodbye and helping as much as I can.

EUsmileWEallsmile, if there is anything you gotta say to me is Thank you. I expect that from you of all people. Just a thought :idea:[/quote]