ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(Gen) "Valid From" date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Acen
Newly Registered

Tier 2(Gen) "Valid From" date

Post by Acen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi All,

I got my tier 2 general visa today. Everything seems to be in order except the "Valid From" date on the visa. My joining date as per the COS is 7th Oct and for some reason they've put the "Valid From" date as 7th Oct as well.

Its going to be quite a hassle for me and my understanding was that tier 2 migrants are entitled to travel to UK 14 days prior to the joining date. Is that the case? I would appreciate if some senior member could confirm this for me.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:55 am

you cant travel before the said date on the visa.
U could write to UKBA and explain ur situtation, you will be refused entry if u travel before the start date of the visa.

Acen
Newly Registered

Post by Acen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:21 pm

I understand that I can't travel before the valid from date. I am going to write to UKBA but is that going to make any difference? What I mean to say is, that do they ever make amendments or changes to visas once they've been issued? I was going through the UKBA website and couldn't find any details with regards to such issues.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:16 am

Contact the ECO - if they made a mistake they can correct it.

gladiator939
Newly Registered

Same Situation

Post by gladiator939 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:01 am

Hi, I'm in exactly the same situation :? My visa "valid from" date is Sep 30, the same as my joining date... My employer's lawyer has sent me a letter that I can submit to the BDHC to amend the date to Sep 16. But I am not exactly sure how to contact the ECO / BDHC. The lawyer also mentioned a form that is supposedly sent by the VAC to notify the BDHC of any errors in the Visa and I was advised to fill up the form. But I didn't get any such form - just the passport and my original documents.

My questions are -

1. What is the best way to contact the ECO (Email/ Phone)?
2. Is this a mistake on part of the ECO?
3. Is the date sure to be amended once the letter and the form are sent?
4. Is there a way to get the form online (I looked at the UKBA and VFS sites, couldn't find it)?
5. Is there any charge / fees for making this correction? I hope not ! :)
6. Finally, any idea of the time this will take to be processed?

I am planning to bounce these off the lawyer as well but just thought it might be a good idea to get some ideas over the weekend.

Regards