ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hotel Address: non-EEA family member of EU national visa app

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Hotel Address: non-EEA family member of EU national visa app

Post by chaoclive » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi there

Just wanted to know if anyone has experience of applying for an a visa under the EU Treaty regulations (I'm British and plan to move to Ireland with my spouse/civil partner) with a hotel address?

We're currently living and working in China (he is Chinese) and I want to move back to Europe in the next year. We would be applying at the Irish Embassy in Beijing.

Problem is: I won't have a job lined up in Ireland before I go and we won't have a permanent address in Ireland either (I won't start renting until I get there) but I have a rough idea of which town/city I'd like to live in so we will find a hotel in the area to start of with.

Is it acceptable to provide a temporary address (hotel) on this application and then update the records after we get to Ireland and rent a place?

Is 'not having an address' a reason for refusal? With all the inefficiency in the immigration (no matter which country you are traveling to) and the fact that Ireland is tightening its immigration laws, I'd be devastated to find out that the application was rejected just because I hadn't rented a place to live yet.

Another quick query while I'm here: has anyone had any experience of moving between the EU rules and the Irish national spousal visa? I'm a dual Irish/British citizen but will renounce Irish citizenship soon (so I can enter with him from China). However, as the Irish rules only require 3 years of residence in Ireland to be awarded permanent residence, would it be possible that, after returning to Ireland, I could reclaim Irish citizenship and then apply for the spouse visa for him? It sounds a bit iffy and, if we were likely to get into trouble, we could just wait for the 5 years to pass so that he can get citizenship in his own right.

Thanks a lot!
Clive

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Please continue in one of your other threads.