ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self sufficient sickness insurance.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nemerkh

Self sufficient sickness insurance.

Post by nemerkh » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:06 pm

So for my eu wife to apply for a permit as self sufficient, we have a joint bank account ( me nonEU working), we claim no benefits ir public money and now we r looking for a health insurance. Found a good quote from AXA. They say it complies with UKBA.
Question is, do we have to be both insured or just her? Do we also have to insire the kids? ( sub 6 year olds with EU passes)?
Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:20 pm

The issue is clarified by this UKBA webpage.

So the whole family needs to be covered :-
If you are an EEA national in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, you and your sponsored family members must have comprehensive sickness insurance for the duration of your stay in the UK.
John

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:49 pm

John wrote:The issue is clarified by this UKBA webpage.

So the whole family needs to be covered :-
If you are an EEA national in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, you and your sponsored family members must have comprehensive sickness insurance for the duration of your stay in the UK.
That guidance seem to be at variance with Reg 4 sub paragraph 3.

I do accept that sub paragraph is the applicable provision in OP's case, but it is nevertheless worth pointing, that that guidance is not consistent with the legislative provision for the family member of student, who are exercising treaty rights in the UK.

In case were a guidance is in conflict with a Statutory provision, the statutory provision takes precedence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:52 pm

I think the regulations and guidance both say all the family should not be a burden thus all the family need to have CSI do the not? Reg 4(2)(b) says all the family need to have CSI.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Sub paragraph 2 and 3 of regulation 4, seems to be different in their requirement for family members.

Subparagraph 3 which deals with family members of EEA national who are exercising treaty rights as student, cannot be read in the way you suggest.

It cannot be by mistake, that the requirements in subparagraph 2B is not replicated in Subparagraph 3. Sufficient resources is used in subparagraph 2 in the same way as sub paragraph 3. The difference is 2 contain a further requirement in 2B, which is not in sub paragraph 3.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks alot for your swift reply. I guess all of us should be covered then. More money to throw yeppii