ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem with the Address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shareefco
Newly Registered

Problem with the Address

Post by shareefco » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:39 am

Hey All,

I posted my current situation here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 062#886062

I have one more question regarding my address. I am actually dreading to receive any letter at my current address as I will be at work and there is a chance my partner disappear the posts.

Can I redirect the post after submitting the form to one of my friend's address.

I really want to apply for naturalization process but really confused about the address.

Would some one please advise.

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Address forward "may" work for citizenship applications but passports and documents are delivered by private courier agency DX so the address forward may not work with them.

skyiswide

Re: Problem with the Address

Post by skyiswide » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm

shareefco wrote:Hey All,

I posted my current situation here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 062#886062

I have one more question regarding my address. I am actually dreading to receive any letter at my current address as I will be at work and there is a chance my partner disappear the posts.

Can I redirect the post after submitting the form to one of my friend's address.

I really want to apply for naturalization process but really confused about the address.

Would some one please advise.

Thanks
Why your partner would do so ? And in this case may be best idea to enclosed royal mail special delivery returned envelope (pre paid). So you can collect the mail if you are out in delivery time. As someone has to sign it :-)

shareefco
Newly Registered

signed for

Post by shareefco » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:11 am

Signed for envelope is a good option. She can sign for it as well if it is arriving at home?

If I apply via NCS, will they still use DX services not a royal mail?

tinku
Newly Registered

Re: signed for

Post by tinku » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:19 am

shareefco wrote:Signed for envelope is a good option. She can sign for it as well if it is arriving at home?

If I apply via NCS, will they still use DX services not a royal mail?
NCS will forward your aplication to UKBA by DX service, but all communication to you will be through Royal mail 2nd Class.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Isn't it a criminal offence to open or take or hide someone's mail. Though it can be hard to prove.
You can use royal mail forwarding address facility, where all mail in your name will be forwarded to your friends address. So if UKBA uses Royal Mail it will be forwarded, which many people say they use Royal mail. At least the acknowledgement letter they send is Royal Mail so best is to use forwarding so at least you will have the reference from acknowledgement letter.

Special Delivery Envelope may not be a good idea as she can sign for it and take it away.
Even for all your other post why not do the Royal Mail forwarding?

shareefco
Newly Registered

Thank You

Post by shareefco » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Thank You so much guys for all the help.

Wish me luck this month i will be applying the NA(AN)...

Will keep posted in time line.

Shareef