ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) and SET(M) applications -Decembe2012 (timelines only)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SET0
Newly Registered

Post by SET0 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:47 am

Im just wondering do you guys know those waiting time will be taken into account in the 15 months before applying citizenship, or it only starts after you got your ILR approval? Some ppl say yes, some ppl say no. So I really don't know now.

Any idea?

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks guys :-)

SETO - yes, I have written to MP and have received a letter form her that she will chase my application. But so far I haven't heard anything positive from her or UKBA.
When I called UKBA last week, once a lady asked me if I have contacted UKBA recently (as i think hey received a letter form MP) and another time a bloke told me that he can see a request for expediting my application on the business travel grounds.
Again, this seemed to have produced no effect - my application is still "not completed".
I saw someone saying that the have faxed the travel tickets to them - I might do the same, I have a trip upcoming in Aug, which I will loose if I don't get my docs sorted out.
Last edited by TheGreenTea on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:15 pm

I don't know about British citizenship application

glyyde

Post by glyyde » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Rang today.... the very nice lady told me its 'in progress under consideration'. I asked her if that means its been allocated to a caseworker she said 'I think it is with a caseworker'. Noting the word 'I think', I can only hope......

I did get in touch with my MP, who replied saying that UKBA is working on clearing backlog and they can't expedite unless death/critical illness requiring me to travel immediately. My workplace also got in touch with them with reply, again, saying I have to wait and confirming that I can continue to live and work in UK.....

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:27 am

Glyde,

I had the same answer last week and it flipped to "not completed" this week. Think it is just their standard answer. I might be wrong! 8)

I have faxed UKBA my tickets telling them that I am going to loose my flights if I don't get my docs in time. Don't think this will help though. sigh

SET0
Newly Registered

Post by SET0 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:37 am

yes, I called yesterday, and they said same thing which made me feel a bit better as I finally feel like I can see the light in the endless tunnel.

But agree it might be a standard answer to keep ppl calm...( I hope not...)
glyyde wrote:Rang today.... the very nice lady told me its 'in progress under consideration'. I asked her if that means its been allocated to a caseworker she said 'I think it is with a caseworker'. Noting the word 'I think', I can only hope......

I did get in touch with my MP, who replied saying that UKBA is working on clearing backlog and they can't expedite unless death/critical illness requiring me to travel immediately. My workplace also got in touch with them with reply, again, saying I have to wait and confirming that I can continue to live and work in UK.....

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:41 am

19 min on hold to hear a lifeless female voice "currently we are processing November applications. No, I was not given information when that department dealing with SET (0) applications will start on December ones".

Sigh..Sigh..Sigh.

SET0
Newly Registered

Post by SET0 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks for the update thegreentea.
I will probably will call them later today and see whether they would give me different answer this time as last time they said it is definitly with casework.....

[quote="TheGreenTea"]19 min on hold to hear a lifeless female voice "currently we are processing November applications. No, I was not given information when that department dealing with SET (0) applications will start on December ones".

Sigh..Sigh..Sigh.[/quote]

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 am

Maybe I am just unlucky :-)

glyyde

Post by glyyde » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Just came off phone.... still 'under consideration'. I asked the question if its with a caseworker she said 'its with the caseworking department and it should be with them since you submit your biometrics'..... Doesn't means much to me yet again.....

Think if I don't get anything by the end of this week, I should consider contacting Ombudsman?

SET0
Newly Registered

Post by SET0 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:48 am

Hi guys, called HO today, and they told me that my case is decided and It hasn't been dispatched yet... so hopefully I will get it very soon.
Will keep you updated.

glyyde

Post by glyyde » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Congratulations.

This is why I am not happy about UKBA, they say they are processing application according to time but clearly they are not!!

I rang today and another lady said its with the caseworking department. When I ask if its being looked at by a caseworker she said yes. No time scale though.... They first told me its with a caseworker last Thursday and its still with a caseworker today.... how long does it take to decide on an application??!!! Only makes me wonder yet again that it just hasn't been picked up by a caseworker at all......

when you guys call before, do they even mention its with the caseworking department?

SET0
Newly Registered

Post by SET0 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks.

I will only believe it once I receive the letter from them.

I called last week, and a lady said it is under consideration, I asked does this mean it is with casework, and she said yes..

I called them yesterday, and a lady told me "its incomplete, and you have to wait". I said one of her colleagues said last week that my application is with caseworker now, and she said it is under consideration. but she didn't say anything about with caseworker...

I called today again, a lady put me on hold first and got back to me said that my application is decided, and the document hasn't been dispatched yet, so I should wait...

I hope it is true, but after waiting so long, and the answers from HO are different each time. So anything is possible.

glyyde wrote:Congratulations.

This is why I am not happy about UKBA, they say they are processing application according to time but clearly they are not!!

I rang today and another lady said its with the caseworking department. When I ask if its being looked at by a caseworker she said yes. No time scale though.... They first told me its with a caseworker last Thursday and its still with a caseworker today.... how long does it take to decide on an application??!!! Only makes me wonder yet again that it just hasn't been picked up by a caseworker at all......

when you guys call before, do they even mention its with the caseworking department?

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:30 am

SET0 wrote:Hi guys, called HO today, and they told me that my case is decided and It hasn't been dispatched yet... so hopefully I will get it very soon.
Will keep you updated.
Congratulations! :-)
I want mine!

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 am

Just called HO, apparently "the decision has been made" about my application. But due to technical reasons they can't dispatch the documents yet.

I am excited, but also nervous now.

jeeboo1046
Newly Registered

ilr seto hsmp/tier1 december 2012 applicant

Post by jeeboo1046 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Hiya. I,m seto hsmp/tier1 general applicant. I applied on 21st of december 2012 and still waiting. I called home office today and they told me that ur case is with the ''processing team''. I requested the lady to tell me clearly if it has been assigned to a ''case worker'' or not. Then she replied and asked if I had provided biometrics. I said yes, I had provided them in january this year. she said it means that your case is being processed. I requested her again that please tell me clearly if a single case worker is working on it. Then she said that your application is in queue. After that she continued and told me that November applications are being processed at the moment. I asked her that November applications are being processed since last 2 months, and still not completed whereas i have heard that few December cases have been processed, why??. she said that its the only update they have, that the applications being processed belong to November 2012. Then she asked me if I would like to participate in a survey to tell them how satisfied I was with customer service. I was raging at time and refused it, said good bye and finished my call.

jeeboo1046
Newly Registered

hiya seto

Post by jeeboo1046 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:13 pm

seto....
can u please tell us if u r a 10 years long residence applicant or hsmp/tier1 applicant?

glyyde

Post by glyyde » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 pm

you 2 are making me depress as both of you applied after me and was now told that your application has been decided and mine is still 'under consideration'....... sigh.......

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:16 am

Like SETO I won't believe it until I receive the letter. Don't worry, I am sure your app will be decided soon as well.

SET0
Newly Registered

Re: hiya seto

Post by SET0 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:33 am

hsmp/tier1 applicant

jeeboo1046 wrote:seto....
can u please tell us if u r a 10 years long residence applicant or hsmp/tier1 applicant?

SET0
Newly Registered

Post by SET0 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 am

Yes, good luck to everyone.. hopefully we will all receive the letter soon.

Keep us updated guys!!

TheGreenTea wrote:Like SETO I won't believe it until I receive the letter. Don't worry, I am sure your app will be decided soon as well.

glyyde

Post by glyyde » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Rang them today.... took a while for that lady as she put me on hold and made some enquiries... she returned with a BARCODE!!!! Despatched today!!! I asked her does it mean its been accepted she said its been decided. So might get it tomorrow or Saturday.... Finger cross its been accepted!!! MY LIFE CAN GO ON NOW!!!!

ilr-tracker

Post by ilr-tracker » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Congrats
glyyde wrote:Rang them today.... took a while for that lady as she put me on hold and made some enquiries... she returned with a BARCODE!!!! Despatched today!!! I asked her does it mean its been accepted she said its been decided. So might get it tomorrow or Saturday.... Finger cross its been accepted!!! MY LIFE CAN GO ON NOW!!!!
Make this world a better place to live

glyyde

Post by glyyde » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:09 am

Annoyingly the tracking number still say unable to track online. .... might have to wait for afew more days?

glyyde

Post by glyyde » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 am

Brp received today!!!! Guess the tracking was for passport. Good luck everyone. We will all get through this together