ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Banks Funds help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ikon1400

Banks Funds help

Post by ikon1400 » Thu May 17, 2007 10:42 am

Hi ,

I am applying for hsmp ths month.

thinking ahead am worried abt showing funds in my account at the time of EC..

Can anyone help to locate any banks which can give me funds for this purpose alone and later withdraw the same after i get my visa?

am frm hyderabad and ppl who had done earlier can help me in this.

Regards
Ikon

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Banks Funds help

Post by olisun » Thu May 17, 2007 11:08 am

ikon1400 wrote:Hi ,

Can anyone help to locate any banks which can give me funds for this purpose alone and later withdraw the same after i get my visa?

Regards
Ikon
:shock: :shock: :shock:

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:12 am

hi olisun

what are u tryin to tel??

if you cant tel suggestions i thnk its better to keep away.

regds
ikon

KAYC

Post by KAYC » Thu May 17, 2007 11:50 am

don't you have around 5000 GBP ? How much you were earning when you filed the HSMP case ?

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi kayc

i suppose i should show arnd 4000 GBP in credit in my account at the time of EC.

but for HSMP its jus enuf i have earned 5000 GBP in 12 months..also thy don care if i spent all the money i earned in these peroid...

But EC is a diff case where i shd hav the sufficient funds to support my travel & accomodation in UK.

I thnk you donot knw ths before otherwise u wont post a query to me saying "dont you hav 5000 GBP" .

be polite in ur words. :twisted:

regds
ikon

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu May 17, 2007 12:59 pm

ikon1400 wrote:Hi kayc

i suppose i should show arnd 4000 GBP in credit in my account at the time of EC.

but for HSMP its jus enuf i have earned 5000 GBP in 12 months..also thy don care if i spent all the money i earned in these peroid...

But EC is a diff case where i shd hav the sufficient funds to support my travel & accomodation in UK.

I thnk you donot knw ths before otherwise u wont post a query to me saying "dont you hav 5000 GBP" .

be polite in ur words. :twisted:

regds
ikon
What an attitude and you expect help from the forum members??

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Thu May 17, 2007 1:42 pm

please dont expect such advices

this very good site to support but not this way

u can go to any financial consultant for your financial issue

thanks

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri May 18, 2007 5:37 am

Hy ,

What do u thnink you are???

You knw wt the hell atttitude means??

dont get on n make me wild , i mean it

goin to a financial advice is as simple as everyone knws..if u knw sometg els tel..

damn ppl lik u think u are bos...but u r nt

ikon

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Fri May 18, 2007 5:46 am

Hey ikon

You can take your sense of entitlement somewhere else, you know. No one is forcing you to participate in this discussion. If you are so badly offended by the reactions that you've gotten to your posts, you are free to decide never to visit this website again. The choice is yours!

Cheers

ball1333

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:04 am

see i am nt offended by anyways...ppl here are nt spkin in proper terms.

can u be quiet whn someone asks u "dont u hav 5000 gBP" ..wil u nt get agitated??

mrver why shd i look for some website , when otehrs ahv msitake on their side.

don u dare to tel them to be proper in their response..rather why do u tel me to quit ths website..ths shws ur courage..

u read my first post & then comment again..i can shw so many silly posts arnd ths forum..i don thnk mine is lesser than tat...jus coz ppl don hav info to share thy shdnt trash soneomes need..understand ths n take ths to ur mind

ikon

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon May 21, 2007 8:00 pm

Do U think they are naive ???
If you do not have much money in your current a/c and suddenly U have say 10.000 GBP they will ask U where does the money come from ?

Anyway, How did you qualify in the earning criteria if you do not have say 10,000 GBP in your a/c :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Please give useful tip to other members

But of course U could try your luck, in the early day some people were using their family, relatives, friends money and once they get approve they withdraw it again.

That is why they are asking you at least 3 months bank statements.

This is also apply in the UK if you want to aplly extension, student VISA, etc.

Pantaiema

Regards
Ikon

gsurendra

Post by gsurendra » Thu May 24, 2007 3:42 am

Normally we would invest our excess balance into FD or purchase shares/repay part of housing loans. Hence if we have done that (which is wise) can we bring back the required amount into our bank account to show a good balance. What do you suggest?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:02 pm

The main pont here is U must be able to convince the caseworker that the money is from you and not from someone else. It is you who need to convince them and not the other way around as people will not get the benefit of the doubt.

In your case, you need to find out the way you convince them. Probably the transaction from notary that you sell your house will work, do not know.

Panataiema
gsurendra wrote:Normally we would invest our excess balance into FD or purchase shares/repay part of housing loans. Hence if we have done that (which is wise) can we bring back the required amount into our bank account to show a good balance. What do you suggest?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:17 am

Dear Ikon,

Please dont be offended by the kind of response that you have got. But please realise that what you were asking for literally meant "how do I commit a fraud"? or how do I con a caseworker. I am not saying you meant it but on the face of it, it appeared so and thats why such a reaction from the board members.

Now coming to your problem: You may want to avail the personal loan facility towards this end. A number of banks would be more than willing to provide loans to you, without wanting to know the end use of the same, provided you have a decent salary & a good credit record.

regards,

Regards
Ikon

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:21 am

Hy Push_hsmp

Why do u want to blow a thing which already became nothing huh?

"how do I commit a fraud"? - Quote Push_hsmp

What you mean by this?? don't u thnk before you type somthing?? you shd be stupid to do something of this sort.. :twisted:

Then you did all the damage and giving some useless tips lik getting a personal loan..am i a LKG kid or wt to be unaware of this option??

I hope you have lot more things to wrk on..better try it..

Never wanted to come to ths thread, you made me to.. :?:

Cheers
ikon

malar1973
Newly Registered

Post by malar1973 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:21 pm

God save UK! (No offences meant!)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:50 pm

Dear ikon1400,

I withdraw my comments & advice or whatever it was worth. I am extremely sorry for not being able to come up with an ingenious solution, given what you have in your mind - so very naive of me.

You certainly are not a LKG kid- you have clearly proved it.

All the very best for your application process. Tell me if you need any further help (although I must warn you that I can come up with simple & seemingly worthless solutions - but may because I am in UK rt now, I could help you with some other things like job & accomodation etc.)

best regards,

push_hsmp
ikon1400 wrote:Hy Push_hsmp

Why do u want to blow a thing which already became nothing huh?

"how do I commit a fraud"? - Quote Push_hsmp

What you mean by this?? don't u thnk before you type somthing?? you shd be stupid to do something of this sort.. :twisted:

Then you did all the damage and giving some useless tips lik getting a personal loan..am i a LKG kid or wt to be unaware of this option??

I hope you have lot more things to wrk on..better try it..

Never wanted to come to ths thread, you made me to.. :?:

Cheers
ikon

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:55 pm

Hy Push_hsmp

NO Thanks :lol:

keep it with you dude...try this with someone else.

Cheers
ikon

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:27 pm

An acquaintance of mine tried this trick with his gf for a tourist visa - was denied cos the ECO decided the money was not truly at the applicants disposal and therefore denied on the grounds of insufficient funds.

He was quite right to IMHO

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:27 pm

Just to second wanderer's acquaintance's experience: A former colleague of mine (American) who went over on HSMP first had his EC application refused by the consulate in NY because the available funds could not be shown to have been in his account for more than a month (indeed, not more than a fortnight, as the sudden infusion of cash from his credit card was deposited shortly before the statement closing date). This was only earlier this year. As it is, Americans seem to be subject to a lower level of scrutiny in entry clearance, so a money-laundering-like strategy seems even more risky anywhere else, such as in South Asia where the visa refusal rates are not especially low. It's important, I think, to meet the requirements in the spirit in which (and for the purpose for which) they were intended, and to be completely above-board.

So instead, you might, in addition to your current account, show your equities account statements (or even contributory retirement funds), or you might deposit the proceeds from your house sale (and document that the sale is final). Ultimately the funds have to appear reasonably liquid and portable to the UK. You do have six months from the date of your approval letter to make your bank statements able to speak for themselves.

AG

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:08 pm

Just to throw in another bit of information: when I spoke with an Abtran (outsourced EC Helpline) representative, she said that a large deposit of cash would be okay IF substantiated by a letter confirming where the money came from, signed by the person who gave it.

So if I got some money from my parents, a signed letter from them addressed to the Entry Clearance Officer saying that they have decided to give me a gift of $XXXX, along with a copy of evidence like the cancelled check drawn on their account, would be sufficient.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:52 pm

ball1333 wrote:Just to throw in another bit of information: when I spoke with an Abtran (outsourced EC Helpline) representative, she said that a large deposit of cash would be okay IF substantiated by a letter confirming where the money came from, signed by the person who gave it.

So if I got some money from my parents, a signed letter from them addressed to the Entry Clearance Officer saying that they have decided to give me a gift of $XXXX, along with a copy of evidence like the cancelled check drawn on their account, would be sufficient.
Read this, it's a student visa but relevant:

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... opic=47206