ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank statement-needs suggestion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

params0073
United Kingdom

bank statement-needs suggestion

Post by params0073 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi,
I am applying for my tier 1 ,second extension on 15th Aug.I still haven't my final bank statement so worst case if I don’t receive the statement ( I have already ordered it to the branch and home as well) is it ok to go for ad-hoc statement which would be on hsbc official stationary without stamp and seal ?

(I know this question is already answered on the forum but can't find any recent case )

Excerpt from guideline

ii) Personal bank statements showing the
payments made to the applicant: Bank
statements provided must be on official
bank stationery, and must show each of
the payments that the applicant is claiming

Thanks
Param

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: bank statement-needs suggestion

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:46 am

params0073 wrote:Hi,
I am applying for my tier 1 ,second extension on 15th Aug.I still haven't my final bank statement so worst case if I don’t receive the statement ( I have already ordered it to the branch and home as well) is it ok to go for ad-hoc statement which would be on hsbc official stationary without stamp and seal ?

(I know this question is already answered on the forum but can't find any recent case )

Excerpt from guideline

ii) Personal bank statements showing the
payments made to the applicant: Bank
statements provided must be on official
bank stationery, and must show each of
the payments that the applicant is claiming

Thanks
Param
I am not sure whether HSBC stamps online statement, in my case i had about 2-3 months statements missing for the 12 months period. I bank with Lloyds so I took the internet printed statements and they were happy to stamp it, and UKBA accepted them.

Please check:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

clause 115 ii.

Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:20 am

I am not taking about the internet printout or emailed statement. I am talking about the ad-hoc statement which you can get by just walking into the branch and ask them to print on HSBC official stationary ?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 pm

I do banking with HSBC and got my Tier 1 extension yesterday.UKBA is aware that most of the banks now stopped signing and stamping temporary statements but as long as ad-hoc statement is on bank official stationery i.e name and logo and contains your info like name, account number, sort code, dates then it should be fine.

Trust it clarifies your query.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Yep that's helpful. Many thanks for the conformation.

Param

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Arsal385 wrote:I do banking with HSBC and got my Tier 1 extension yesterday.UKBA is aware that most of the banks now stopped signing and stamping temporary statements but as long as ad-hoc statement is on bank official stationery i.e name and logo and contains your info like name, account number, sort code, dates then it should be fine.

Trust it clarifies your query.
Just a question out of curiosity. Did you use the ad-hoc statement for earning proof or maintenance proof or both?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Anyone who has used ad hoc statement as earning proof and maintenance proof both and was successful ?

Param

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:18 pm

I used ad hoc statements from HSBC for proof of salary. Wasn't an issue. (But I have to say, even if they rejected that statement, I would have been fine).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:29 pm

So you mean the ad-hoc statement you produced wasn't singed and stamped by bank staff and still accepted by home office ?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Signing and stamping are for online statements only which are printed on plain paper. If you get adhoc statement from your local branch which is on official bank stationery then it is acceptable as long as it covers all the attributes which i mentioned above.
Cheers