ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Tomorrow will be the day guys!!!!!!!!! hope we all been granted coming days, god blessss................ all

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:59 am

In 2 days i will have been waiting 11 months.I don't know if I can manage to wait an entire year. I am going due to get a response from my complaint letter 19 Aug (we'll see how that goes) and I've began to get in contact with my MP.

Seems like no ones posted with any decisions past few days... Hope today brings good news.

10/9/12 app received
19/2/13 bio metrics done

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:03 am

Good morning. Have a great day and hope you all receive your good news today.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Any good news today?

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:01 pm

nikitpatel wrote:Any good news today?
@Nikitpatel, are we sure this ''end of summer'' UKBA promise is realistic? No one in this forum has recieved any decision for days now. I just hope and Pray it is not end of 2014 summer they mean. My postman has come and gone today, same old story. Can someone please brighten up my day with good news? I wish everyone the best

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:04 pm

@nikitpatel, my timeline is almost same as yours

Timeline:
Application submitted- 26/07/12
Ack letter recived: 06/08/12
Bio letter recieved- 11/02/13
Bio done- 12/02/13
Decision/passport/document- waiting

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:45 pm

socrates wrote:

Timeline:
Bio done- 12/02/13

@Socrates Have u tried to contact HO? Or any idea which month file they r currently processing?

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:53 pm

nikitpatel wrote:
socrates wrote:

Timeline:
Bio done- 12/02/13

@Socrates Have u tried to contact HO? Or any idea which month file they r currently processing?
@ Nikitpatel, Yes I contacted my MP since first week of June this year and I have phoned the MP office for an update couple of times, all they keep telling me is they have not heard anything from the UKBA. I also wrote a letter to Ombusman, but was directed back to go through my MP. I have decided to just wait, painful as it is, I have no choice. I am not really sure about which month file they are currently proccessing, but if I may guess, from those who are granted recently, many submitted on or about May/June last year, but I am just speculating as decisions still depends on circumstances and case work unit

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:26 pm

this is the letter my solicitor received from UKBA requesting progress check regarding my case.

As part of our continued efforts to improve service we have separated family applications into four distinct work streams:

a. spouse/partner cases;
b. non-PBS work routes, such as domestic workers;
c visitors; and
d. human rights and outside the rules claims

This allows us to deal with cases with increased efficiency and offer a more tailored customer service for each work stream. For category a-c we are already at normal operational levels and will be working within service standards. For human rights claims we are working towards a 12 week service standard and we will contact you regarding your application by 14 October 2013

They also stated that :

If your client wishes to enquire about the possibility of commencing employment whilst awaiting consideration of the application, your client should should refer any prospective employers to the Employer Checking Service. Details can be found at :www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/bussiness-sp ... upport/etc
This enables employers to receive confirmation of whether they are able to employ you client legally within the UK.

the last paragraph i dont understand, can we ask for permission to work? or is generally for people who were legally working before making the application?
please can someone shed some light!!
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Kaban
Newly Registered

Post by Kaban » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Just want to recap from my last post.To those who can remember,I was invited to the reporting centre,which I went with my lawyer and wife and son.I was basically interviewed and was told to report every Tuesday.A week after the interview I was sent a letter requesting for my wife's passport and our marriage certificate.We sent the requested documents 3 weeks ago .Just about an hour ago,my lawyer called me to I form me of the good news.I have been granted my visa for 2.5yrs.I haven't seen it yet but will go to collect it from my lawyer.It has been a struggle and I just want to praise Gid and thank everyone for there support and advise.i don't know how to celebrate or what to do.it feels like a dream and I can only say its just the beginning of more good news to come for everyone.To those who don't know my story s check my post....Jesus is lord...Remember that they can deny you for a while but they can never reach the inside of you that hope lies in..Pls keep the faith and continue to be strong.IT IS WELL

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:41 pm

congratulations to you Keban, enjoy free life now
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Kaban wrote:Just want to recap from my last post.To those who can remember,I was invited to the reporting centre,which I went with my lawyer and wife and son.I was basically interviewed and was told to report every Tuesday.A week after the interview I was sent a letter requesting for my wife's passport and our marriage certificate.We sent the requested documents 3 weeks ago .Just about an hour ago,my lawyer called me to I form me of the good news.I have been granted my visa for 2.5yrs.I haven't seen it yet but will go to collect it from my lawyer.It has been a struggle and I just want to praise Gid and thank everyone for there support and advise.i don't know how to celebrate or what to do.it feels like a dream and I can only say its just the beginning of more good news to come for everyone.To those who don't know my story s check my post....Jesus is lord...Remember that they can deny you for a while but they can never reach the inside of you that hope lies in..Pls keep the faith and continue to be strong.IT IS WELL
@kaban.a big congrat to you pal

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Kaban wrote:Just want to recap from my last post.To those who can remember,I was invited to the reporting centre,which I went with my lawyer and wife and son.I was basically interviewed and was told to report every Tuesday.A week after the interview I was sent a letter requesting for my wife's passport and our marriage certificate.We sent the requested documents 3 weeks ago .Just about an hour ago,my lawyer called me to I form me of the good news.I have been granted my visa for 2.5yrs.I haven't seen it yet but will go to collect it from my lawyer.It has been a struggle and I just want to praise Gid and thank everyone for there support and advise.i don't know how to celebrate or what to do.it feels like a dream and I can only say its just the beginning of more good news to come for everyone.To those who don't know my story s check my post....Jesus is lord...Remember that they can deny you for a while but they can never reach the inside of you that hope lies in..Pls keep the faith and continue to be strong.IT IS WELL

Hey hey hey!!!! You had us all worried here!!! Congratulations hun!!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 pm

@Summer2013...i got same response from HO through my lawyer except mine had no expected date,like yours,October to respond. Complain sent in to HO through my lawyer May 15th 2013, HO responded by letter on June 10th 2013, with the same answer except they didn't indicate any specific time that my case would be completed.

Extension FLR(O) sent in: 20th Aug 2012
Bio letter received: 13th Feb 2013
Bio done: 14th Feb 2013
Decision: waiting

Persistence overcomes resistance !
pt

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Congrats ! Enjoy the freedom

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:14 pm

summer2013 wrote:this is the letter my solicitor received from UKBA requesting progress check regarding my case.

As part of our continued efforts to improve service we have separated family applications into four distinct work streams:

a. spouse/partner cases;
c visitors; and

This allows us to deal with cases with increased efficiency and offer a more tailored customer service for each work stream. For category a-c we are already at normal operational levels and will be working within service standards. For human rights claims we are working towards a 12 week service standard and we will contact you regarding your application by 14 October 2013

They also stated that :

If your client wishes to enquire about the possibility of commencing employment whilst awaiting consideration of the application, your client should should refer any prospective employers to the Employer Checking Service. Details can be found at :www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/bussiness-sp ... upport/etc
This enables employers to receive confirmation of whether they are able to employ you client legally within the UK.

the last paragraph i dont understand, can we ask for permission to work? or is generally for people who were legally working before making the application?
Conclusion HO deadline "End of Summer" doesn't mean anything !

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:16 pm

@ Kaban: Congrats and enjoy your freedom!

@ Summer2013: The last paragraph indicates that you need to ask any potential employer who is willing to employ you, to use the Employer Checking Service. Let me warn you that this service made me redundant back in november 2012.

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:35 pm

summer2013 wrote:this is the letter my solicitor received from UKBA requesting progress check regarding my case.

a. spouse/partner cases;
c visitors; and

They also stated that :

I received the same response last month after my MP referred my case to Ombudsman a month ago.
But it didn't mention about when is the due date to get back to me again though. Just saying:
" I can also confirm that your application is currently being considered by a case worker and you will receive a decision shortly."
I rang UKBA and asked if the case has really allocated to a case worker, but non of them can tell apart of "on pending" on the system.
Anyone has any idea how long for a case worker to decide a case? I'm kinda need some light as well.. :(

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:09 pm

@kaban congrat bro...a quick update guys.... the ombudsman contacted d ho on my behalf and she ws told they are waitin for check from police data base to come back and as soon as dat comes back they will make a decision...i wonder how long dat takes .....

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Congrats!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:35 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@kaban congrat bro...a quick update guys.... the ombudsman contacted d ho on my behalf and she ws told they are waitin for check from police data base to come back and as soon as dat comes back they will make a decision...i wonder how long dat takes .....
@congrats Kaban The Lord has rewarded you, do enjoy your freedom.

@yummymummy this process usually takes 2 weeks or less with the home office. Eventually you are on your last race. The decision will favour you in Jesus name. (Amen) and also to those of us waiting. :)

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:37 pm

@dapsonlee thanx dear and amen and i pray we all come out of this rejoicin in jesus name

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Congrats to you!!!! More good news to come for this is only but the beginning!!!!

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:12 pm

@kabam

Am soo happy for you I clearly remember asking you to go but soo many people here critizised me and said a lot of negative thing but now you see what I mean? If you didn't go you wouldn't have been granted am sooo happy for you am glad you went :D in every disappointment lies a great oppotunity

More good news please

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:15 pm

Congrats Kaban!!! Thank God you made the right decision...All the best in your future endeavours!!!