ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application in Person

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Baboon
Newly Registered

Post by Baboon » Thu May 17, 2007 11:37 am

Hi - I have been told that it is possible to apply in person for an EEA2 residence permit for family members and by paying a fee the application would be processed the same day. The Application Form clearly states though that this is not possible.
I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has tried this (and if so what are the procdures and costs), or anyone with knowledge on the subject.
I've tried ringing the Home Office but unfortunately I seem to get different answers from different people so I can't rely on that advice.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu May 17, 2007 11:43 am

Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible and that there has really been a single incident reported in this board in which the EEA2 application was done in person. If the HO gave you that information, they are just maintaining their normal standard of disinformation.
Jabi

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu May 17, 2007 12:29 pm

EEA2 Application in person is NOT applicable at all. Only applicants of EEA1 & EEA3 can apply in person at the Croydon PEO ONLY.

So in other words, all 'non-EU person' EEA applications (EEA1 & EEA4) have to be made via post.

A bit unfair really....But at least it's FREE :D

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu May 17, 2007 12:31 pm

Rozen wrote:A bit unfair really....But at least it's FREE :D
Which is probably the reason why it can only be done by post!
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Baboon
Newly Registered

Post by Baboon » Thu May 17, 2007 12:47 pm

Thanks for the replies so quickly. Really appreciate your help. Not the replies I was hoping for... but have to admit the replies confirm what I was expecting.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu May 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Dawie wrote:
Rozen wrote:A bit unfair really....But at least it's FREE :D
Which is probably the reason why it can only be done by post!
It's FREE, even when you apply in person for EEA1 or EEA3. :roll:

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu May 17, 2007 2:22 pm

Rozen wrote:So in other words, all 'non-EU person' EEA applications (EEA1 & EEA4) have to be made via post.
Bet you meant EEA2.
Only applicants of EEA1 & EEA3 can apply in person at the Croydon PEO ONLY.
Theoretically speaking you are right. But unfortunately currently EEA3 cannot be applied in person and only postal applications are accepted. Hope they change that in the future.
Jabi

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu May 17, 2007 5:59 pm

Thank you for the correction, Docterror. My mistake :oops: