ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accounts change after getting ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vladlondon
Newly Registered

Accounts change after getting ILR

Post by vladlondon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi,

I got the ILR in January this year. My earnings were made of dividends that I received from my own limited company, and I submitted tentative accounts for the company to the Home Office.

Now it's time to submit statutory accounts to the HMRC. I recently realised I had some expenses that I can declare as business expenses, thus decreasing my profit and tax.

The problem is those expenses were not in the accounts that I submitted to Home Office, and if they were, I won't have been able to pay myself dividends sufficient to qualify for the ILR.

In theory, nothing stops HMRC from checking the accounts I submitted to the Home Office and finding the discrepancy. If it emerges that dividends I declared were more than I was allowed to pay, is there a risk that my ILR will be taken away from me?

In other words, shall I declare the recently discovered business expenses and save a few hundred pounds, or that puts my ILR under some real risk?

Thanks.