ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

January Applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Casnel
Newly Registered

January Applications

Post by Casnel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi

Did anyone apply in january 2013 or before and have not got a response yet?. I applied 25th January and application was received on 29th of January. All I have so far is an acknowledgement. Is anyone else in the same situation

scrapper

Re: January Applications

Post by scrapper » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Casnel wrote:Hi

Did anyone apply in january 2013 or before and have not got a response yet?. I applied 25th January and application was received on 29th of January. All I have so far is an acknowledgement. Is anyone else in the same situation
ohh boy thats a long wait. Did you apply through NCS or postal?
Also what is your nationality?

I recommend you get intouch with MP in your area and he should be able to find out from HO why it is taking so long.

It is also worthwhile to phone HO and ask them.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 am

Ur scaring me

Casnel
Newly Registered

Post by Casnel » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:25 am

I am Zimbabwean and applied through NCS. Thanks for you advice about talking to MP. I tried phoning HO but the automated service does seem to have an option to speak to someone. I am awaiting a reply to my email sent yesterday.

facts

Post by facts » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Have you changed your address since then and informed UKBA if you have?

Casnel
Newly Registered

Post by Casnel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi guys. Thanks for your advice so far. Below is the response I got from UKBA. Not very useful though. I guess it is more waiting for me, It is hard to understand how quick they are to take the £850 application fee off you and then sit on your application for ages. I have been paying my taxes for nearly 10 years, never had any criminal offence or even a driving offence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm that no decision has yet been made on your application.

We aim to process 95% of applications within 6 months however there will always be a small percentage of applications that take longer than this to be resolved.

I cannot give a date by which this application will be resolved, nor can I provide details of the reason(s) why the case is taking this long.
When the decision is made, or if we require further information from you, we will contact you in writing, for this reason please make sure you notify us promptly if you change your address. Your address can be updated here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... y-details/

If you require any documents back, these can be requested here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/. Requesting documents will not negatively impact on the application.

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Casnel wrote:Hi guys. Thanks for your advice so far. Below is the response I got from UKBA. Not very useful though. I guess it is more waiting for me, It is hard to understand how quick they are to take the £850 application fee off you and then sit on your application for ages. I have been paying my taxes for nearly 10 years, never had any criminal offence or even a driving offence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm that no decision has yet been made on your application.

We aim to process 95% of applications within 6 months however there will always be a small percentage of applications that take longer than this to be resolved.

I cannot give a date by which this application will be resolved, nor can I provide details of the reason(s) why the case is taking this long.
When the decision is made, or if we require further information from you, we will contact you in writing, for this reason please make sure you notify us promptly if you change your address. Your address can be updated here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... y-details/

If you require any documents back, these can be requested here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/. Requesting documents will not negatively impact on the application.
I recommend that you seek your MP's intervention. It has been over 6 months wait, when MP will inquire about your case HO may realize the age of your case and decide it on the spot.