ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take get a resident card via EU1 Form?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

How long does it take get a resident card via EU1 Form?

Post by Jellybean105 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi guys

I know that it could take up to 6 months max but I was wondering if it was possible to receive it before that? Has anyone had any experience?

Please let me know as I really need a little hope!

Thanks!

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 pm

They always take the full six months to make a decision.

However you get issues with a temporary Stamp 4 in the meantime, so it shouldn't be a big deal (except from the fact that lately they tend to be slow to issue the temporary Stamp 4)

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi Jeupsy

Thank you for your reply. My husband would like to come to the UK in the meantime to visit family and attend a wedding, will he be able to apply for a UK visa from Ireland once he gets the stamp 4?

Thanks

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Yes, they will send your passports back with the temporary Stamp 4 letter - so no problem to apply for a UK visa.

One thing though: when you get back from the UK, make sure he has either a visa or the necessary paperwork to enter Ireland as the family member of an EU citizen (once he gets his final Stamp 4EUFAM he will be visa exempt, but he won't be with the temporary Stamp 4).

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Oh thats great. Yeah I am aware of the re-entry visa, I already have a form as well! :lol: Would it be a visit visa he has to apply for? And how long would that be for? I'm assuming 3 months?

Thank you for your help!

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:53 pm

I am not very familiar with various types of UK visas, so it is better to let someone else give a detailed answer. But usually getting a UK visa from Ireland is pretty easy I think since there is not much border control anyway.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Oh thats great. Yeah I am aware of the re-entry visa, I already have a form as well! :lol: Would it be a visit visa he has to apply for? And how long would that be for? I'm assuming 3 months?

Thank you for your help!
90% of the applications are decided with 15 days by UKBA in ireland,
It could vary on ur personal circumstances ,