ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension my visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manish mehta
Newly Registered

Extension my visa

Post by manish mehta » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:06 am

Hi

I am living in this country from 2010 under student visa (old rule). My visa will be expire end of November 2013.In these year i already finished NVQ Level 4 qualification in a information technology. My NVQ Level 5 qualification degree result will be published next month.

My question is can i start my bachelor degree 3rd year from September within my old visa? The reason why i ask this question my visa will be expire November 2013. I want to apply Tier 4 student visa extension end of November.Other way do i need to apply early i mean in a month of September?

Please note that,i will extension my visa first time and still i am old student visa category.

Thanks in advance.

Manish

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... s/changes/

If you want to do a different course of study with your education provider
You do not need to get our permission if you want to do a different course of study with your Tier 4 sponsor and the new course will finish before your current permission to stay expires. Your Tier 4 sponsor will tell us that you have changed course.

If your new course will end before your permission to stay expires, you must tell us by sending an email message to migrantreporting@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.

If your new course will end after your current permission to stay expires, you will need to make a new Tier 4 application to us. You will therefore need a new confirmation of aceptance for studies from your Tier 4 sponsor. You can make this new application at any time before your current permission to stay expires, but we recommend that you do this as soon as possible.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Beto76
Newly Registered

Post by Beto76 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:13 am

You say you've got a pre-tier 4 visa. I'm guessing this wasn't issued in 2010 unless you did an admin review in your home country. The old style visa wasn't being granted in 2010.

Please check the guidance carefully. Whether it needs to be reported depends on when your visa was issued. You also don't mention if you will be doing the Bachelors portion of the course in the same institution. These are all very important things to consider.

Always check the policy guidance first!

jewellondon

Post by jewellondon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:34 am

Beto76 wrote:You say you've got a pre-tier 4 visa. I'm guessing this wasn't issued in 2010 unless you did an admin review in your home country. The old style visa wasn't being granted in 2010.

Please check the guidance carefully. Whether it needs to be reported depends on when your visa was issued. You also don't mention if you will be doing the Bachelors portion of the course in the same institution. These are all very important things to consider.

Always check the policy guidance first!
I applied in a year 2008 december and got refused march 2009. APPEALED THE DECISION and won october 2009.They issued my visa January 2010. I camr this country february 2010.