ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor or General Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guyinlondon

Family visitor or General Visitor visa

Post by guyinlondon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:52 am

Dear Experts,

Could you please answer my below query ?

My friend is a Tier 1 holder and looks for inviting his parents-in-law to visit him and his family in the UK.
What type of visa his parent-in-law need to apply? Is that “Family Visitor Visa” or “General Visitor Visa”?

Thanks for your help,

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:04 am

Currently, General Visitor, because
Can you come to the UK as a family visitor? wrote:Additionally the family member you are visiting must :

be a British citizen;
be settled in the UK;
have been granted asylum in the UK; or
have Humanitarian Protection status.
This was related to appeal rights. So, I suspect that there may be future changes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.