ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds Maintenance Help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chanti1211
United Kingdom

Funds Maintenance Help

Post by Chanti1211 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:37 am

Hello,

my visa expires next month 7th Sept, 2013. i am working for a company and they are quite happy to sponsor me. my sponsorship got filled out and i am maintaining funds in Barclay account of £900 and more.

i receive my salary end of every month, salary got deposited in my account on 31 July and after checking the balance i transferred money to one of my friend.

i am confident that, i checked the money before & after transferring its more than £900 pounds in account, my salary is showing on the statement that day.

but, when i check the statement today its showing 1st transaction of the day " i transferred money to my friend " and 2nd transaction " salary got paid"
end of 1st transaction the amount is less than £900

what i need to do now, i don't have time to maintain for 3 months.

please need you advise

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:31 am

Ask the company to certify maintenance for you in the CoS. It is just a tick in a box with which they certify that should it be necessary they will maintain you in the first month of your employment

Chanti1211
United Kingdom

Post by Chanti1211 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:55 am

manci wrote:Ask the company to certify maintenance for you in the CoS. It is just a tick in a box with which they certify that should it be necessary they will maintain you in the first month of your employment
thanks for the reply,
do my company need to pay extra money for selecting this option.

Chanti1211
United Kingdom

Post by Chanti1211 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 am

manci wrote:Ask the company to certify maintenance for you in the CoS. It is just a tick in a box with which they certify that should it be necessary they will maintain you in the first month of your employment
more over i already recieved CoS few weeks back, is that ok to make changes now.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:11 am

they dont have to pay extra.
However, since the COS has been issued, i am not sure if they can amend it now..
what u can do is to get a letter from bank to ask them to issue a letter confirming that it was their mistake that the balance of the pay was not shown on that day in the statement.. i am guessing if u prove that u took out the money on the day when the salary comes in, they will be happy to give u a letter saying that in actuial the balance never got less than 900 at any day..

Chanti1211
United Kingdom

Post by Chanti1211 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:14 am

iworker wrote:they dont have to pay extra.
However, since the COS has been issued, i am not sure if they can amend it now..
what u can do is to get a letter from bank to ask them to issue a letter confirming that it was their mistake that the balance of the pay was not shown on that day in the statement.. i am guessing if u prove that u took out the money on the day when the salary comes in, they will be happy to give u a letter saying that in actuial the balance never got less than 900 at any day..
Thank you,
i will do that

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:28 am

The sponsor can add a sponsor note to a "live" (assigned but not yet used) CoS to the effect that they will certify maintenance. The sponsor should follow the process described on p 108:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... worker.pdf

This would be safer than to rely on the discretion of the caseworker to allow your application on the basis of the bank statements. Technically your balance fell below £900 albeit only for part of a day.

Chanti1211
United Kingdom

Post by Chanti1211 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:53 pm

manci wrote:The sponsor can add a sponsor note to a "live" (assigned but not yet used) CoS to the effect that they will certify maintenance. The sponsor should follow the process described on p 108:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... worker.pdf

This would be safer than to rely on the discretion of the caseworker to allow your application on the basis of the bank statements. Technically your balance fell below £900 albeit only for part of a day.
Thankyou Manci.

the problem has been solved by the bank.
the Barclay online bank statement was wrong, the statement printed by the bank on their system is showing correct. i took a statement as a proof and stamped by the manager.