ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement elgibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandaselvan
Newly Registered

Settlement elgibility

Post by anandaselvan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi,

I am in U.K. since 2007. I had to go to India due to valid employment reasons two times for 8 & 9 months in 2009 & 2012 respectively through my current employer (with the same employer throughout my stay).

Could you please confirm what is the possibility of getting settlement provided I show all valid reasons through my employer.

I understand in normal situation more than 180 days break would loose their eligibility, however I feel my case is different than that.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Settlement elgibility

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:19 pm

anandaselvan wrote:
I understand in normal situation more than 180 days break would loose their eligibility, however I feel my case is different than that.
Different, how? Under the new conditions there are no exceptions beyond the 180 day threshold. It's more generous than the previous 3 month threshold but is applied rigidly on that basis.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:35 am

they used to have an exception for ppl who would leave the country for employement reason with salary being paid in the UK.. but since dec 13, 2012, now there is no exception.

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:46 pm

I would be shocked if this applied to the years before this was introduced. It has always been otherwise with any immigration changes.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Settlement elgibility

Post by manci » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:37 pm

anandaselvan wrote:Hi,

I am in U.K. since 2007. I had to go to India due to valid employment reasons two times for 8 & 9 months in 2009 & 2012 respectively through my current employer (with the same employer throughout my stay).

Could you please confirm what is the possibility of getting settlement provided I show all valid reasons through my employer.

Looking forward to your response.
The 180 day limit on absences apllies to each of the 5 consecutive 12 month periods counted backwards from the date of the ILR application. By the judicious choice of when you are applying it may be possible to break up the 8 and 9 months absences into periods none of which is longer than 180 days. It depends on the actual dates.

anandaselvan
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by anandaselvan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Thank you all for your response, I shall consider all your responses to take my decision.