ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Sheffield on 1st August 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks to everyone here who helped in answering my many of the questions. ILR was approved at Sheffield for myself and my wife. I have written here my story by looking at others who posted their story. This will make comfort when some one go for ILR in the near future. We have applied as Tier1 General.

Our appointment was at 10.00. We went to the PEO office around 9.30 and waited, the token was issued at the counter around 10. After a 10 min of wait, our token number was called up in another desk where they have collected all my documents and asked to go ahead for the payment. The man in the document collection counter is so polite and friendly.

The payment was made around 10.20, we again asked to wait in the waiting area for our tokens to be called. They had a very nice display system where the token number and the application status have shown on that.

We waited for a 30mins of time, our token again called up for Bio metric. The biometric were given around 11.00 and again in the waiting area and watching the screen to see if we called up.

At 11.30, the case worker has called us and informed that he’s currently handling our case and asked us to back after an hour to collect the document. We went out for 30min and back again, after a 15 min of time he again called us and confirmed that he’s granted the ILR. He also said our case is quite straightforward.

Documents submitted

SETO Form
12 months bank statement
12 months salary slip
Life at UK pass notification letter
Cohabitation document from various sources for past 2 years
Employer Letter confirming my employment
PBS point calculator printout
Covering letter
Photocopies of all supporting document.

I have not given any letter for Absence.

I have also received our BRP this morning.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. Congratulations! enjoy your freedom. Cheers!

aknight

Post by aknight » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Congratulations! :)

How old is your 12 month bank statements at the time of your application? I have 12 month bank statements 1 month old but I have to reschedule my PEO date. Guess they can be as old as 3 months without any problem?

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:43 am

Its a month old, I have submitted till June

newbie_2013

Re: ILR success at Sheffield on 1st August 2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:57 am

nm wrote:ILR success at Sheffield on 1st August 2013

Thanks to everyone here who helped in answering my many of the questions. ILR was approved at Sheffield for myself and my wife. I have written here my story by looking at others who posted their story. This will make comfort when some one go for ILR in the near future. We have applied as Tier1 General.

Our appointment was at 10.00. We went to the PEO office around 9.30 and waited, the token was issued at the counter around 10. After a 10 min of wait, our token number was called up in another desk where they have collected all my documents and asked to go ahead for the payment. The man in the document collection counter is so polite and friendly.

The payment was made around 10.20, we again asked to wait in the waiting area for our tokens to be called. They had a very nice display system where the token number and the application status have shown on that.

We waited for a 30mins of time, our token again called up for Bio metric. The biometric were given around 11.00 and again in the waiting area and watching the screen to see if we called up.

At 11.30, the case worker has called us and informed that he’s currently handling our case and asked us to back after an hour to collect the document. We went out for 30min and back again, after a 15 min of time he again called us and confirmed that he’s granted the ILR. He also said our case is quite straightforward.

Documents submitted

SETO Form
12 months bank statement
12 months salary slip
Life at UK pass notification letter
Cohabitation document from various sources for past 2 years
Employer Letter confirming my employment
PBS point calculator printout
Covering letter
Photocopies of all supporting document.

I have not given any letter for Absence.

I have also received our BRP this morning.
Hi NM

I guess you did have an interaction with the case worker right?

cheers

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 am

Hi,

I have not had any interaction excpet where he asked us to wait for an hour and handed over the documents at the end of decision.

a_k
Newly Registered

Post by a_k » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:41 am

hi NM

You mentioned that you did not submit any letter for you absence. In my cae i was out of UK for a month and I do not have any supporting document to prove that it was my business or personal trip. Do you have any idea what should i do ?

a_k
Newly Registered

Post by a_k » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:42 am

And also, when you say combination of documents from various sources, can you please elaborate what kind of other docs you submitted ?

Thanks again