ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Study Visas to Italy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seekay76
Newly Registered

Schengen Study Visas to Italy

Post by seekay76 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:13 pm

I am an american citizen applying for a study visa to Italy. When filling out the application, I am leaving the *asterisked questions blank, because my husband is a UK citizen. BUT, he will not be traveling with me. Should I fill in the questions in that case?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed May 16, 2007 10:14 pm

Best to ask the embassy!
Jabi

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Wed May 16, 2007 11:32 pm

As he's not travelling with you, you will not be excercising his rights, so you'll have to fill in the full details.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu May 17, 2007 6:10 am

True! It does appeal to logic. But I don't think the Schengen visa form asks whether the EEA family national is travelling with you or not. No compulsion to fill in the details if you are an EEA national's family member, that's all. Should we disclose the information just because the EEA national is not exercising the rights?
Jabi

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Thu May 17, 2007 1:44 pm

Docterror wrote:True! It does appeal to logic. But I don't think the Schengen visa form asks whether the EEA family national is travelling with you or not. No compulsion to fill in the details if you are an EEA national's family member, that's all. Should we disclose the information just because the EEA national is not exercising the rights?
I was surprised to find this out myself. Thankfully, I travelled with my wife the two times she used her Schengen - but it wasn't because I knew I had to be there :?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri May 18, 2007 9:39 am

The EU spouse only has to accompany their non-EU spouse if this condition is specifically stated on the visa itself.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.