ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention of EUFAM4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newbie1978
Newly Registered

Retention of EUFAM4

Post by newbie1978 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Hello All,

My EUFAM will expire on 6 months. I was married for 7 years, I’m working full time and my wife too. She is working here since 2006.
Unfortunately, our relationship is not good. She is asking to divorce.
I will start the divorce procedure.
My question is:
Can I apply for retention now, with the process of the divorce that I started or I have to wait to get the divorce?
My EUFAM will expire on 6 months, Please, let me know how to proceed?

Thanks in advance for your help

newbie1978
Newly Registered

Post by newbie1978 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Hello,

Please, Can somebody answer to these questions:
Is Legal separation is enough to retain EUFAM 4?
How Long the divorce take to be issued?

Thanks

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:20 pm

newbie1978 wrote:Hello,

Please, Can somebody answer to these questions:
Is Legal separation is enough to retain EUFAM 4?
How Long the divorce take to be issued?

Thanks
Where did you get married ?
Legal separation is not enough and to apply for divorce you have to be separated for 3 years before you can start the divorce proceeding.
If got married in Ireland 7 years ago and your spouse has permanent resident status then you are also permanent resident. You just have to apply for the confirmation of your status.
But if you are married in any other country then you have to be with your spouse for 5 years and your spouse documents are required.

newbie1978
Newly Registered

Post by newbie1978 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:13 pm

I was married in Ireland. my wife don't have a permanent resdancy.
So what are the options for me, if i have to wait 3 years to get the divorce?
My EUFAM 4 will expire on march 2014

Thanks

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:18 pm

newbie1978 wrote:I was married in Ireland. my wife don't have a permanent resdancy.
So what are the options for me, if i have to wait 3 years to get the divorce?
My EUFAM 4 will expire on march 2014

Thanks
If you are married to an EU citizen for the period of 7 years and if your wife was exercising her EU treaty rights for the 5 years then you and your wife are permanent resident in Ireland.
You can apply any day for the confirmation of your permanent resident status.

newbie1978
Newly Registered

Post by newbie1978 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks Dublin3 for your answer

We are married for 7 years, but i have only 4.5 of legal residency. my EUFAM4 will expire on march 2014.
so divorce will take 3 years to be granted. so what should i do now to apply for retention?

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:45 pm

newbie1978 wrote:Thanks Dublin3 for your answer

We are married for 7 years, but i have only 4.5 of legal residency. my EUFAM4 will expire on march 2014.
so divorce will take 3 years to be granted. so what should i do now to apply for retention?
The day you got married to an EU citizen in Ireland you become family member of an EU citizen so your legal residence period starts from the day you got married not the day you got your residency card. Thanks

newbie1978
Newly Registered

Post by newbie1978 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Thank you for this information. so, should i apply for permanent residency? how to apply for it? witch form should i use?

DoctorBen
- thin ice -

Post by DoctorBen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Sam73
Newly Registered

Post by Sam73 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:17 am

If you already have eufam 4 permanent residency in ireland and you get devorce do u still have to apply for retention of rights jn ireland or not any one have any idea
Plz

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:02 am

Hi newbie1978,

As you current Stamp 4EUFam is due to expire in six months, and if you are not in good terms with your wife and if things are going toward divorce than you need to apply for the retention of your residence card first and once it is approved than you can apply Permanent residence card straight.

You need to apply for the retention of your current Stamp 4 EUFam.

There are two rules:

1- You can only apply for Permanent residence card on form EU3 if you are living with your wife.

2- If you are divorced/seperated and want to apply for Permanent residence card than you have to apply for retention of your Stamp 4EUFam first on form EU5. Here is the link to the form: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU5.pdf

As it is clearly mention on the DOJ website on this link: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

And it states: "An application for an EU3 Permanent Residence Card which is made on the basis of retained rights will not be accepted unless the non-EEA national applicant has already been approved for the retention of their Residence Card on an individual basis. An Application for the Retention of a Residence Card can be made on Form EU5 (below). Retention of a Residence Card is required where the EU citizen of whom the non-EEA national is a family member has died or departed from the State, or in the event of the divorce or annulment of marriage between the non-EEA national and the EU citizen."

I would recommend to get your divorce first and than apply for the retention of your residence card. As this is the major thing DOJ would be looking for. If you apply for your retention without your divorce certificate, there are more chances that your retention application would be refused and you can't apply for Permanent residence card on form EU3.

Sam73
Newly Registered

retention of PR holder

Post by Sam73 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:38 pm

If you already have eufam 4 permanent residency in ireland and you get devorce do u still have to apply for retention of rights jn ireland or not any one have any idea Plz

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:29 pm

If you are granted PR, you don't need to apply for retention