ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to remain, Earliest possble way.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usualspellings
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to remain, Earliest possble way.

Post by usualspellings » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:59 am

Hello

Based on the following status, what I clearly wish to know is when is the EARLIEST I can apply for Indefinite Leave to remain, progressing towards citizenship.
The following is my status:

·Indian National

·Student Visa July 2006 – January 2008 (02 years)

·Fresh Talent Working in Scotland Scheme January 2008 – Januay 2010 (02 years)

·Tier 1 General Migrant September 2009 – September 2012 (03 Years)

·Residence Card (Married, Wife EEA National) November 2012 – Present

My wife is a Dutch National permanently residing in the UK for over 6 years.

I spoke to some advisors and they say unfortunately all the time I spent before my residence card will not be counted towards ILR. Now I regret of why I did not continue with my Tier1 as I could easily get it. So it will probably take another 4 yrs, probably by that time I can go by the 10yr route.

However I was wondering can I not apply for ILR on the basis of me and my partner (now wife) being together for over 5yrs now.

Its quite disappointing to know all those year spent before Residence card have gone for waste, but is there no other legally possible route.

Help will be highly appriciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:46 pm

The advisors were correct.

Ent813
Newly Registered

Post by Ent813 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi usualspellings,
For what reason your time before Residence permit went waste? What do advisors say?