ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS (urgent help needed)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tfairy1
Newly Registered

COS (urgent help needed)

Post by tfairy1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Tier 2 application form requires me to provide the following information EXACTLY AS SHOWN ON COS:

sponsor rating
is the sponsor willing to certify maintenance for you on COS?
sponsor name
sponsor address
job title
gross annual salary before tax

However, my employer is saying that she could not find the above information on COS... should she be able to?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:40 pm

the person who is saying so, should be immediaely be fired for being a stupid.
Except for the information abouit "is the sponsor willing to certify maintenance for you on COS?", which should be known to the person who has issued the COS, the remaining information is about the company itself. If someone doesnt know the name of the company where they work, they should consult social services.

tfairy1
Newly Registered

Post by tfairy1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:21 pm

So is this information definitely on COS? Including my salary, job title, etc
Is it possible that she has applied for Cos without putting these information on, therefore info not showing cos?
Is there a section on SMS where she could view and print this out?
Cheers

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:25 pm

it is unlikely that she has access to the online Sponsor Management System from where all the information you asked for can be extracted. Speak to someone who has access to the SMS (a Level 1 user).

tfairy1
Newly Registered

Post by tfairy1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:13 pm

This person that I am dealing with IS the Level 1 user. She has level 1 access to SMS, but is still saying that she cannot see these information on COS.

Yes, I know my job title and hospital name, but they need to be put on the application form using exactly the term shown on COS, and I know my NHS salary band, but do not know the exact amount. I am also unsure which address to put (department? main hospital address?). Basically I need written proof of this on COS.

I would have thought that she would have had to put all this info on her application form when applying for COS. Surely, home office cannot give COS without these info? And if she did give this info to home office, then they should be on COS??? What are the possible scenarios here for why she is not able to see the info..?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Ask her to print out the CoS and give it you.

She doesn't seem very competent, it is just as well for you to check that the information she put in the CoS is correct

tfairy1
Newly Registered

Post by tfairy1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:02 pm

She has already got my name wrong; swapped my last name and first name. She has put the correct name in the sponsor note....do you think my application will get rejected because of this? Or would it be okay as the caseworker should see the sponsor note..?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:24 pm

You should insist on seeing a printout of the CoS. Lots of applications get refused because of mistakes by the sponsor in the CoS.

tfairy1
Newly Registered

Post by tfairy1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi,

She sent me the COS, and the name is incorrect but she put correction in sponsor notes. The cos does not have my job title, salary, and employer address on it. Is this normal?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:11 pm

a CoS printed from the SMS has at the top:
VIEW CERTIFICATE OF SPONSORSHIP
the first item is: Tier and categoy
the last item is: Tick to confirm that the sponsor certifies maintenance of the migrant
All the information about job type, SOC code, job description, salary, allowances, etc. are in the body of the CoS
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Is this not what you have?

There is also another downloadable document from the SMS:
VIEW LICENCE SUMMARY
this has the sponsor's name address, licence number, rating, etc.

tfairy1
Newly Registered

Post by tfairy1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Turns out she only sent me the 1st page out of 3. She sent me the last two pages now and I've got all the info now. HOWEVER... She put my country of residence as UK, which is correct. And then put my current "Nottingham address, my home country" in current address section. Obviously Nottingham is not a city in my home country...

Also, she put the same amount of money for my gross salary inc allowance, and gross allowances and guaranteed bonuses included in gross salary.. For summary of allowances and bonuses, she put "annual salary of xxx(the same amount again)". This does not make sense because the whole amount of my salary cannot be all bonuses/allowances..

What should I do...

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:47 pm

more sponsor notes needed.

Tell her what are the appropriate figures for the 3 questions about salary/allowances.

Also, make sure the SOC code is correct and corresponds to the job description and your pay is at least the minimum required for the particular SOC code.

namesaumil
Newly Registered

Post by namesaumil » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 am

From what I know, a sponsor note will not be acceptable for changes in Name of the applicant. Please read SMS guide and see once what is acceptable as sponsor note, else you will be in trouble

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Did this halfwit not actually see your passport (or a scan thereof) before she issued the CoS? Incorrect name should be a re-issue, hence they've wasted getting on for 200 quid.