ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 my EEA member has 3 months gap in 5 years of employment

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karnei28
Newly Registered

EEA4 my EEA member has 3 months gap in 5 years of employment

Post by karnei28 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 am

Hi guys,

I am about to apply for PR (EEA4 application), my residents card expiring in October 2012, we have been living in London since 2007 and my wife has been employed all this time, but in 2008 she has a gap in her employment for 3 months, basically she quid her job due to the stress in June 2008 than got new job in November 2008, however she didn't register with a job center and didn't claimed any job seekers allowance and no doctor letter, so I haven't got a proof of her looking for work in that period.

Does anyone have similar experience and could suggest what should I write in the covering letter in this case?

Thank you in advance.

karnei28
Newly Registered

Post by karnei28 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:54 am

Can anyone help???

bil123
- thin ice -

Re: EEA4 my EEA member has 3 months gap in 5 years of employ

Post by bil123 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:37 am

karnei28 wrote:Hi guys,

I am about to apply for PR (EEA4 application), my residents card expiring in October 2012, we have been living in London since 2007 and my wife has been employed all this time, but in 2008 she has a gap in her employment for 3 months, basically she quid her job due to the stress in June 2008 than got new job in November 2008, however she didn't register with a job center and didn't claimed any job seekers allowance and no doctor letter, so I haven't got a proof of her looking for work in that period.

Does anyone have similar experience and could suggest what should I write in the covering letter in this case?

Thank you in advance.
did you apply for PR? I am going to face the same situation my Wife has a 3-4 months gap in her employment , any suggestions?

cheers
BIl

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:42 pm

My friend had a familiar thingy going on. They the UKBA told him that his wife (eu national) should have had a comprehensive sickness insurance during her gap. They then bought one and resent their documents and it was fine they got the prs. Weird thing abt it is that the cover was feom a later date than the gap obviously but it worked. You may want to consider that. Hope that helps.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:36 pm

If on this gap your wife was looking for work, she would then be exercising Treaty Rights as a jobseeker. Is that the case?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA4 my EEA member has 3 months gap in 5 years of employ

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:27 pm

karnei28 wrote:Hi guys,

Thank you in advance.
From what you post, it would appear that you will have permanent residence in November 2008 in any event. Generally, it is possible to retain status of worker, but there are conditions.