ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

health insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heich
Newly Registered

health insurance

Post by heich » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 pm

my wife went through high school here in the uk and is currently in university here. does she still need a comprehensive health insurance?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:46 pm

The question can't be answered with the minimal amount of information provided.

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:55 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:The question can't be answered with the minimal amount of information provided.

sorry about that,but thanks for your response. she has been living in the uk for ten years now. she was working for about 4months last year, while i made my application i couldnt prove that with pay slips as she lost it in the post while applying for student finance. basically the only information i have is that above and the fact that i applied based on her exercising her treaty via studying. but she does not have health insurance.even though she holds a french passport, she as lived here almost all her life.

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:44 pm

As far as i know if you are not employed/self employed and want to exercise eu rights as a self sufficient or a student then a comp sick cover is a muat for the eu national and all dependant family.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:12 pm

so, your wife...

CSI is not required if she has gained PR.

if she has been a student (High School is student also?) for over five years then she does not need csi.

how did she complete high school?

IE: was she the dependant of a worker?

first thing is: establish the following: Has your wife obtained PR... (Did she live in the UK in accordance with the EEA regs for over five years).

if she has PR. then she does not require CSI.

So you say she lived here almost all her life... I assume she came with her parents... etc... do they have PR ? or?...

it might be complicated, and she might need to show that her parents have been living here legally, to establish her own PR etc... but...

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:48 pm

She can be eligible for PR too if she were a qualified person for any of 5 continuous years. If she were not qualified then still she can still become qualified person on the activities of her EEA family members and once get PR then for supporting non-eea national there won't be any need of treaty rights evidence:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#872051
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS