ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu marrying Pakistani... Help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missykay
Newly Registered

eu marrying Pakistani... Help!

Post by missykay » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 am

Hey
I am a Danish citizen living in London. I have been living here for 3 years.
I met this amazing Pakistani man I am head over heels with.
But we met at a bad timing as his visa is running out this month. I would love to marry him but we need to register as married by law b4 he leaves. I don't have proff of address yet as I just moved and have to wait for the bank to send me a letter but by then its too late:(
So my question is, if I go to Pakistan to marry him will there be a chance of them refusing him to come here? Im really scared to marry him and we won't be able to be together or for him not to get back hereand I rreally don't want to live in Pakistan.

Help pls

Diomond

Re: eu marrying Pakistani... Help!

Post by Diomond » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:47 pm

missykay wrote:Hey
But we met at a bad timing as his visa is running out this month. I would love to marry him but we need to register as married by law b4 he leaves. I don't have proff of address yet as I just moved and have to wait for the bank to send me a letter but by then its too late:(
So my question is, if I go to Pakistan to marry him will there be a chance of them refusing him to come here? Im really scared to marry him and we won't be able to be together or for him not to get back hereand I rreally don't want to live in Pakistan.

Help pls
check ur inbox,

EUfamilymember

Re: eu marrying Pakistani... Help!

Post by EUfamilymember » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:57 pm

missykay wrote:Hey

Help pls
getting EEA family permit from aboard is really hard. im suffering at this moment. if u really want to get the EEA FP u need to prove this marriage more then genuine. for example u need to have alot of proof of address, photos in different places around the world ( uk and pakistan ) bills in same address. if u are really ready with all of nonsense documents then u can get the EEA FP. best of luck

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:01 pm

What I would firstly do is to check what documents the UK requires to recognise a marriage in Pakistan as legal.
Then once you are married, your husband can apply for an EEA family permit from Pakistan. You would have to show that you reside in the UK and are exercising treaty rights. Once he obtained the FP, he can then come to the UK with you or join you here.

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Sorry hadnt seen your post. I agree you probably wouldnt get it after you have just met someone.

missykay
Newly Registered

Post by missykay » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:41 pm

What if we got married now? I found proff of address. .
Will it take ages to get it sorted?

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:06 pm

If you get all the documents together the registry office requires, then you certainly can get married. And then quickly apply for EEA2. The EEA2 application can take long but as long as it is ongoing your partner would be allowed to stay in the UK.
I would give your local registry office a call asap.

missykay
Newly Registered

Post by missykay » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:47 am

ugh we wont be able to get married in time:(
what if he came on a tourist visa and we got married in Denmark? will it be hard for him to come here?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:57 am

missykay wrote:ugh we wont be able to get married in time:(
what if he came on a tourist visa and we got married in Denmark? will it be hard for him to come here?
You can still marry in UK with your non-EU national regardless of the time left on his visa as long as you have got evidences of relationship with him. Because based on this situation most probably soon after you give wedding notice the UKBA might intervene and on that time if you have evidences of past relationships then it can respond to their action.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

missykay
Newly Registered

Post by missykay » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:59 am

what kinda evidence? I am muslim so i cant live with a man before im married to him and i always have to have my brother or sister there when im with him

INNOCENTY
Newly Registered

Post by INNOCENTY » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:44 am

Call your local registry and explain the situation to them simple

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Exactly. Your registry office will know best which documents they require in order to marry you. If you wanted to get married in Denmark, again, contact the registry office there first.