ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I get in trouble if I bring my kids to the PEO?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rafizy
Newly Registered

Will I get in trouble if I bring my kids to the PEO?

Post by rafizy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Hello,

My wife and I are currently on Tier 1 / Tier 1 dependent visas and we're both planning to apply soon for our ILR after 5 years in the country. We have two young children who were born in the UK, both of which are on Tier 1 dependent visas as well. Based on the guidance in this forum, I'm planning to apply for an ILR only for my wife and me, and skip this for the kids with the intention to immediately afterwards register them as British citizens. Unfortunately, we don't have any arrangements for the children, so we will bring them with us anyway to the Croydon PEO. I was just wondering if the fact that we bring them with us can make things more difficult us, i.e. when the caseworker sees them and asks us why we haven't included them on the ILR application. I know that legally we don't have to include them, but just don't want to get on the wrong side with the case worker - we all know how stressful the situation is anyway. Has anyone been in a similar situation so that I can relax? What should I answer the case worker in case he/she brings up this point?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:23 pm

No problem at all to take the children and unlikely they will ask.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:16 am

Case worker will not ask however if by chance he asks you just mention that we are thinking to apply their visa by post as we are saving money as i believe you still have days left for them

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:32 pm

You don't have to hide anything . You can tell CW that you are planning to register them as British Citizens as they are UK born. Also CW has access to all your information including your dependents. Last but not least if all your documents are fine you won't be meeting CW at all.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Will I get in trouble if I bring my kids to the PEO?

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:46 am

rafizy wrote:Hello,

My wife and I are currently on Tier 1 / Tier 1 dependent visas and we're both planning to apply soon for our ILR after 5 years in the country. We have two young children who were born in the UK, both of which are on Tier 1 dependent visas as well. Based on the guidance in this forum, I'm planning to apply for an ILR only for my wife and me, and skip this for the kids with the intention to immediately afterwards register them as British citizens. Unfortunately, we don't have any arrangements for the children, so we will bring them with us anyway to the Croydon PEO. I was just wondering if the fact that we bring them with us can make things more difficult us, i.e. when the caseworker sees them and asks us why we haven't included them on the ILR application. I know that legally we don't have to include them, but just don't want to get on the wrong side with the case worker - we all know how stressful the situation is anyway. Has anyone been in a similar situation so that I can relax? What should I answer the case worker in case he/she brings up this point?

Many thanks!
I was in the same situation and caseworker actually asked me why my son's application is not included and i told her that he will be entitled once i get ILR. She did give me a scare but it turned out to be OK. You dont need to hide it and there is nothing to worry about.
See the detailed account here if you wish.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125660

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 am

It is OK to take your children with you to PEO. However, it is going to be more difficult for them than you inside the building. So it is best to leave non-applicant kids at home. I have seen children wanting to get out of that closed space, and it is going to be difficult for parents to manage in that situation.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

rafizy
Newly Registered

Post by rafizy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it!