ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship decision stages

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goga
Newly Registered

Citizenship decision stages

Post by goga » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Hello

I applied for citizenship in June 2013. I am still waiting for a decision. Last week I received a call from home office. He was asking few things regarding application form.

Does anyone know how home office deal with an application? What are stages they deal with an application?

1. Acknowldgement
2.fees taken
How they work after that?

How many people work on one application? Who takes the final decision?

Just curious

Thanks in advance

Goga

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 pm

It depends, if for example there is a criminality issue then the criminality team may get involved or the case may have to be sent to a senior decision maker. Some applications will be subject to further checks. For a straightforward application you should expect to wait no more than 6 months. Generally, decisions are made on straightforward cases within half that time. Take a look at the timelines in this forum for a guide ad to how long others are waiting, particularly the June timeline.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

VR

Let me answer this

Post by VR » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Goga,

I was curious to know about this as well. Like you or any other applicant I do not have first hand experience on this. But I went the extra mile in understanding a bit more by talking to an immigration judge and her staff to assure myself that they have processes in place to deal with the changing laws and their interpretation.

Once your application goes in and your fees is debited, they then classify all the applications received according to their internal criteria/work instructions.

The case is then assigned to a pool of case workers (this process is like in any organization where the volume of work and number of staff drives the decisions at any given point of time).

The case workers have clear cut instructions on arriving at the decision . Internal Instructions are issued for each scenario and permutation and combination along with discretion in certain cases.

Again they have time frames for each category of application they receive.

Once the decision is reached as an internal control mechanism it is passed on to a higher authority who audits the case and gives final approval after which administrative procedures are followed.

In certain cases decisions are communicated especially refusals where a new process could be a possibility in the event of administrative appeal. The above process is repeated by a different review personnel and final decision is communicated.

The reason why you or anybody has doubts is no two cases are alike because of a variety of factors.
1) The number of applications at any given point of time varies as also the number of staff available to handle the cases.
2) Different checks exist for different cases and routes for e.g. nationals of certain countries are subject to more stringent checks including eliciting information from their countries (though they are silent on this everywhere).

Hope this helps. And keep the patience.
Good Luck
cheers