ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can I use either of these people as professional reference?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jasper_X
Newly Registered

can I use either of these people as professional reference?

Post by Jasper_X » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I will be applying for British citizenship in September,can you please tell me if the following people could be used as the professional reference??

1-a counsellor who holds BA(Hons) and MA,is a British citizen, knows me for 5+ years,is not related to me.

2-a restaurant manager,who is a British citizen,knows me personally for 5+ years.

the guide says owners of some businesses and person with honours,are either of the two people I mentioned qualify as a professional reference?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: can I use either of these people as professional referen

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Jasper_X wrote:Hi everyone,

I will be applying for British citizenship in September,can you please tell me if the following people could be used as the professional reference??

1-a counsellor who holds BA(Hons) and MA,is a British citizen, knows me for 5+ years,is not related to me.

2-a restaurant manager,who is a British citizen,knows me personally for 5+ years.

the guide says owners of some businesses and person with honours,are either of the two people I mentioned qualify as a professional reference?

Yes you can. My mate send: 1. School teacher 2.Bank employee

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:07 am

Do you mean a councillor? That would be ok.

"Honours" in the guide means honours given by the Queen, not a BA Hons

Is the business VAT registered that the manager works at? If so, that could be OK.

Jasper_X
Newly Registered

Post by Jasper_X » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:02 am

PaperPusher wrote:

Do you mean a councillor? That would be ok.

"Honours" in the guide means honours given by the Queen, not a BA Hons

Is the business VAT registered that the manager works at? If so, that could be OK.
no, by counsellor I mean a psychotherapist that offers counselling (not a psychologist or doctor) but qualified (has MA and BA degrees).

and the second person is the manager of a branch of a famous restaurant that has branches in few cities,so I assume it's VAT registered? I'm not certain.

but my easiest option is that counsellor.the list says a social worker is accepted,shouldn't a counsellor be of more significant as a professional reference?

VR

Both Referees OK

Post by VR » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:58 pm

1) One has to be a British Citizen over 25 and should have known you for more than 3 years..... So the councillor is ok.

2) The restaurant should be vat registered without which they cannot ply their trade and the manager of that business is an acceptable referee as per the approved referee's list. If you still doubt that they dont have a vat registration just buy something from one of their branches and you will see it in the Bill.

cheers

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 pm

hello.can anyone tell me if I can use factory manager and m.o.t professional as a referee?thank you

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 am

Coffee10 wrote:hello.can anyone tell me if I can use factory manager and m.o.t professional as a referee?thank you
cheek this mate

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

VR

Coffee 10

Post by VR » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:48 am

I will answer your query .

Factory Manager is fine as the factory will have a VAT number
MOT Professional, is he an employee and over 25 years.

Keep this in mind one of your referees should be a british passport holder and should have known you for 3 years and another can be any commonwealth citizen over 25 years...

As for Askemeplease82, pardon his lack of knowledge of English. You have asked specific question, this kid keeps posting links all over the place Hahaha!

Ashmeplease82- You need to attend the nearest English Classes especially - Reading Skills !

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Coffee 10

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:45 pm

VR wrote:I will answer your query .

Factory Manager is fine as the factory will have a VAT number
MOT Professional, is he an employee and over 25 years.

Keep this in mind one of your referees should be a british passport holder and should have known you for 3 years and another can be any commonwealth citizen over 25 years...

As for Askemeplease82, pardon his lack of knowledge of English. You have asked specific question, this kid keeps posting links all over the place Hahaha!

Ashmeplease82- You need to attend the nearest English Classes especially - Reading Skills !
You have to join Chinese class then :lol:

VR

Joining a Chinese Class

Post by VR » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:19 pm

If I can deal with a Neanderthal and his stupid comments learning chinese is no great shakes m8!!!:-)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Please try to avoid bickering openly on the forum.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

VR

Sure Amber

Post by VR » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:42 am

Will do. Just had some fun and rubbed down some lessons in etiquette.:-)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Jasper_X wrote:I sent my application for naturalisation around 1 month ago.
the professional referee who signed my naturalisation application at the time recently lost his job.will this effect my application if they contact him for verification or does his position at the time he sign the form counts as valid?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.