ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excercising EU Treaty Rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lazarus

Excercising EU Treaty Rights

Post by Lazarus » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:54 am

If I was to do two part time jobs. Say one in the UK and one in another EU country, would that still be classed as exercising my EU Treaty rights.

What I would do is to work a few days a week in another EU country with a part time job for 3 to 6 months.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 am

Frontier Workers are provided for in EU law.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:15 am

Thanks for the link and info regarding frontier workers.

It it not clear however as to whether one would be classed as exercising their treaty rights.

Could you please elaborate.

Thanks

wiggsy

Re: Excercising EU Treaty Rights

Post by wiggsy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:23 am

Lazarus wrote:would that still be classed as exercising my EU Treaty rights.
part time job for 3 to 6 months.
the big question is: what is the reason for excersising treaty rights? - although you are excersisng treaty rights, it may not be of benefit to a specific goal you have?

is it just for the fact of being able to work and if it is legal to? [which yes it is ] or for some other reason?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:13 am

Ok..In response to your question. I am a Brit Citizen.

I am thinking of family reunification route.

If I became a frontier worker, and work part time in one of the EU countries and part time in the UK.

Would I be able to use this route for family reunion having exercised my treaty rights?

Thanks

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Lazarus wrote:Ok..In response to your question. I am a Brit Citizen.

I am thinking of family reunification route.

If I became a frontier worker, and work part time in one of the EU countries and part time in the UK.

Would I be able to use this route for family reunion having exercised my treaty rights?

Thanks
If your wife helps you to do the cross border services, Carpenter could help if shes residing in the UK, but it might be easier to move to the other EU country and do Singh entirely... ["cut ties" with the UK]...

I'm still waiting responses on What Do They Know - RE: Carpenter - but legally, if the spouse helps cross border trade, they should be issued a residence permit... Not sure how this has worked since Carpenter though...
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.