ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for child born abroad for ILR parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lmkanuri
Newly Registered

Post by lmkanuri » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:08 am

Myself and my wife got ILR in March 2013 and we are eligible for naturalisation in March 2014.My first child was born in 2012 and she is now british citizen.

1) I heard that there is rule change after october 2013 and do i need to write any other English qualification exam ?

2) My wife is pregnant now and the second baby is due in April 2014. My Wife is planning for her delivery in india.At the time of my child birth my naturalisation will be in progress.

What will be the criteria for my child to get british citizenship?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:44 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:35 am

If you are exceedingly lucky and your naturalisation decision is swiftly made, and you manage to get your ceremony undertaken (private is usually quicker) by the time your child is born, the child will automatically be British by descent, if not as Vinny points out in 2.

When did you enter the UK? When did you submit your ILR application and when did you get your ILR result?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

lmkanuri
Newly Registered

Post by lmkanuri » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:07 pm

I came to UK in 2008 and got my ILR in march 2013

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:59 am

lmkanuri wrote:What will be the criteria for my child to get british citizenship?
If overseas-born child is not automatically British by descent, then child's future British citizenship application will be subject to discretion.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.