ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:41 am

ale001 wrote:Hi everyone,

Just an update about my case that i have been battling with since 2004 even though i've been removed from the UK 2 times and still returned for the 3rd time and now applying for human right through Flro.

No British child. No British wife. Withdrew asylum application a day after i apply in 2007.

Following my human right application i made in 2011 that was returned by the UKBA 3 times for one reason or the other and was finally accepted as valid application in April 2012 and get biometric done in July 2012.

Got reply from UKBA 3 weeks ago that my FLRo application on their system appeared to them that i am seeking international protection, and that for this reason they cannot grant me a protection via my Flro application.

They ended the letter with two option (1) I should go apply for Asylum before 8 of August 2013 (2) if i did not apply for Asylum before 8 of August 2013 they will go ahead and decide my application only on the grounds of my Article 8 rights.

My update now is: I and my lawyer have concluded that they should go ahead and decided my Flro application only on the grounds of my Article 8 rights.

I just hope the article 8 will favour me by God's grace. Though i lost hope but recently came back with the same hope that God is a living God and things might turn good around for me.

I wish everyone here goodluck and have your applications approved. Amen.

Please what do you think about the update about the UKBA going ahead to decide my application only on the grounds of my Article 8 rights, as instructed by me and my solicitor. I'm using a private solicitor.

Thank you.
To me the decision to go with FLR(0) looks right, because they have already rejected your asylum application and also you have been removed twice, in the eyes of HO they think that there is no threat to you in your home country,
On the other hand it can also be argued that you kept coming back to UK becz you were not safe in your home country . Unless you have strong evidence to prove that their is a threat to go back home , asylum application looks weak .
So I would go with your solicitor's decision on human rights/ long residency as case looks strong.
But remember their is super power on all of us so , keep praying, good luck

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi Ale001 and good morning all,

I am pleased you decided to pursue and not withdraw your article 8 application. I hope they remove all biases against you and deal with your application solely on article 8 for now. Should they refuse it (hypothetically thinking of course) and there is a genuine and credible fear for your safety in your country of origin, you have a right to make an asylum application regardless of the fact they have denied you on two occasions and subsequently removed you. so I agree with SDP. if your circumstances have changed and you can substantiate your claim, then they can't deny you protection. The million dollar question is, do you have the evidence to support this? (you are not obliged to answer if you don't want to) Hats off to you sir for your persistence
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:21 pm

@aleoo1 trust in the lord , nothing is too complex for God to do..the lord almighty will grant u favour and yr expectations shall not be cut of in jesus name

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:30 pm

SDP wrote:

Just an update about my case that i have been battling with since 2004 even though i've been removed from the UK 2 times and still returned for the 3rd time and now applying for human right through Flro.

No British child. No British wife. Withdrew asylum application a day after i apply in 2007.

Following my human right application i made in 2011 that was returned by the UKBA 3 times for one reason or the other and was finally accepted as valid application in April 2012 and get biometric done in July 2012.

Got reply from UKBA 3 weeks ago that my FLRo application on their system appeared to them that i am seeking international protection, and that for this reason they cannot grant me a protection via my Flro application.

They ended the letter with two option (1) I should go apply for Asylum before 8 of August 2013 (2) if i did not apply for Asylum before 8 of August 2013 they will go ahead and decide my application only on the grounds of my Article 8 rights.

My update now is: I and my lawyer have concluded that they should go ahead and decided my Flro application only on the grounds of my Article 8 rights.

I just hope the article 8 will favour me by God's grace. Though i lost hope but recently came back with the same hope that God is a living God and things might turn good around for me.

Please what do you think about the update about the UKBA going ahead to decide my application only on the grounds of my Article 8 rights, as instructed by me and my solicitor. I'm using a private solicitor.

Thank you.
To me the decision to go with FLR(0) looks right, because they have already rejected your asylum application and also you have been removed twice, in the eyes of HO they think that there is no threat to you in your home country,
On the other hand it can also be argued that you kept coming back to UK becz you were not safe in your home country . Unless you have strong evidence to prove that their is a threat to go back home , asylum application looks weak .
So I would go with your solicitor's decision on human rights/ long residency as case looks strong.
Thank you. My Asylum application was not refused.

For instance, i applied for Asylum today, the following day i canceled my application. I mean i withdrawn it and told them i want to withdraw my asylum. So it only took a day.

Why did you said the decision for the UKBA to go ahead and decide my application on Flro Article 8 is the right conclusion between me and my solicitor.

Why did you also said it can also be argued that i kept coming back to UK

My fear is i don't have British child and no British wife, though i have kids off-which the UKBA are aware, but has nothing to do with my application.

But why did you said the decision for the UKBA to go ahead and decide my application on Flro Article 8 is the right conclusion between me and my solicitor., and why did you also said it can also be argued that i kept coming back to UK?
Ale001

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:50 pm

ale001 wrote:
SDP wrote:

Thank you.

For instance, i applied for Asylum today, the following day i canceled my application. I mean i withdrawn it and told them i want to withdraw my asylum. So it only took a day.

Why did you said the decision for the UKBA to go ahead and decide my application on Flro Article 8 is the right conclusion between me and my solicitor.

My fear is i don't have British child and no British wife, though i have kids off-which the UKBA are aware, but has nothing to do with my application.

But why did you said the decision for the UKBA to go ahead and decide my application on Flro Article 8 is the right conclusion between me and my solicitor., and why did you also said it can also be argued that i kept coming back to UK?
I am extremely sorry if I have upset you...you got wrong end of the stick bro..
When u said "removed twice from UK " ( according HO their was not any threat to you in your home country I specify again its HO perception not mine) then claiming asylum for anyone would be difficult.
Now that you made it clear your application didn't go through the system you withdrew for xyz reason ,(ppl claim asylum as soon as they come to UK not after few years after settling down here.)
In regards to you coming back to UK ,I am no one to ask you about that..it was just one way of looking at your case.
Regarding decision to go with flr(0) is made by your solicitor and yourself, since you have asked for an opinion I gave mine...relax you took my opinion in a negative way.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:53 pm

@ale Are your kids based in the UK?

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:56 pm

SDP wrote:
ale001 wrote:
SDP wrote:

Thank you.

I am extremely sorry if I have upset you...you got wrong end of the stick bro..
When u said "removed twice from UK " ( according HO their was not any threat to you in your home country I specify again its HO perception not mine) then claiming asylum for anyone would be difficult.
Now that you made it clear your application didn't go through the system you withdrew for xyz reason ,(ppl claim asylum as soon as they come to UK not after few years after settling down here.)
In regards to you coming back to UK ,I am no one to ask you about that..it was just one way of looking at your case.
Regarding decision to go with flr(0) is made by your solicitor and yourself, since you have asked for an opinion I gave mine...relax you took my opinion in a negative way.
No no no, i'm only telling you that i did not go further with the asylum application. I did not mean you hurt me at all :D , infarct it simply means i appreciate your response and want to hear more of your opinion.. Do you understand me now? I am sorry if feel that way, i don't mean what you think at all. :D
Last edited by ale001 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ale001

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Believe2013 wrote:@ale Are your kids based in the UK?
Yes
Ale001

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Ok thanks that's a big plus in your FLR(O) case

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:14 pm

ale001 wrote:
Yes
Since You didn't go a head with your asylum application - it is difficult for you to claim now because asylum can only be claimed if their is a threat to your life in your home country and also it has to be claimed as soon as you step into UK with genuine reason.
Next option would be FLR(0) which supports ppl who have overstayed , human rights, private life etc in your case you lived here for more than 10 yrs
Article 8 would be suitable
As you said your kids have nothing to do with your application , then only suitable option according to me is Flr(0)
Good luck keep praying!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:18 pm

SDP wrote:
ale001 wrote:
Yes
Since You didn't go a head with your asylum application - it is difficult for you to claim now because asylum can only be claimed if their is a threat to your life in your home country and also it has to be claimed as soon as you step into UK with genuine reason.
Next option would be FLR(0) which supports ppl who have overstayed , human rights, private life etc in your case you lived here for more than 10 yrs
Article 8 would be suitable
As you said your kids have nothing to do with your application , then only suitable option according to me is Flr(0)
Good luck keep praying!
Thank you. I will keep praying.
Ale001

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Actually Asylum can be claimed at anytime provided you can substantiate your life is danger or if you are politically active against a dictatorship regime etc - Agreed, it looks credible and plausible if you do it in the first instance upon arrival to the UK but political circumstances can change drastically overnight.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:40 pm

@ale

I think you should just wait for your aticle 8 application to be decided and if you don't mind me asking when did ukba send you this letter

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:07 pm

@ale

Please can I ask you on what grounds you applied for? The thing is ukba from what I can understand is looking to grant you but if on your flr o application you mentioned anything to do with protection then it might be that they have checked which way beat to grant you and decide asylum route will do because from what you posted before that ukba said your flr o application indicated you are seeking for protection they didn't say you have already got an outstanding asylum application pending......so my friend my question is on your flr o application did you state anything to do with protection and fear to return back home? If you did then that falls under asylum as flr o can't be used in granting protection....I'm not an expert just saying from my own point of view

mj8
Newly Registered

Post by mj8 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi all, been reading every week, congratulations to all those who have had good news and more favour from God to those of us who are still waiting. "End of summer" is such a vague time slot for them to give us...could be mid sept, but according to british summer time, its 27th october. Either way, the waiting is long, hard & emotionally challenging but we have faith and God continues to give us strength. On a positive note, I would like every1 of us here who have partners, husbands, wives, sponsors, family, friends, etc who have been supportive to try and make our gratitude known....to tell the truth, if not for strong support networks, many of us would have lost the willingness to fight long time ago so BIG MASSIVE thank you to all of you + plenty of HUGS and KISSES.
Now to my very small problem, heres my timeline -
Application type: FLR(o)
Application made: 29th Aug 2012
Confirmation letter received: 4th Sep 2012
Biometrics received and submitted: 20th Feb 2013

Last time i posted a message, i had just contacted my MP and asked him for some help. He replied about 3 wks later to say there is nothing he can do and to keep waiting and contact him again in 3 months if i haven't heard from HO yet. So end of this month will be 1 yr since i applied and my wife suggested sending in supporting documents since her financial situation has got better since we applied even though HO hasn't asked for it. Has any1 tried this? I was thinking of sending bills, bank statements etc going back 3 months. Is 3 months enough? Also if any one has a sample letter and what address to post it to, that would be great as well.

Thanks.
Oh and also, i have a solicitor, every time i ask her for updates and anything extra we can do, all she says is keep waiting, do nothing and just wait...God is in control. I'm starting to wonder what she's getting paid for. She doesn't recommend the ombudsmen people, i see it has been successful for a few people, at what point should i start considering going for their service?
thanks again

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:49 pm

@mj8 welcome back bro.. are u doin extension or fresh applicatn?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:55 pm

mj8 wrote:Hi all, been reading every week, congratulations to all those who have had good news and more favour from God to those of us who are still waiting. "End of summer" is such a vague time slot for them to give us...could be mid sept, but according to british summer time, its 27th october. Either way, the waiting is long, hard & emotionally challenging but we have faith and God continues to give us strength. On a positive note, I would like every1 of us here who have partners, husbands, wives, sponsors, family, friends, etc who have been supportive to try and make our gratitude known....to tell the truth, if not for strong support networks, many of us would have lost the willingness to fight long time ago so BIG MASSIVE thank you to all of you + plenty of HUGS and KISSES.

Last time i posted a message, i had just contacted my MP and asked him for some help. He replied about 3 wks later to say there is nothing he can do and to keep waiting and contact him again in 3 months if i haven't heard from HO yet. So end of this month will be 1 yr since i applied and my wife suggested sending in supporting documents since her financial situation has got better since we applied even though HO hasn't asked for it. Has any1 tried this? I was thinking of sending bills, bank statements etc going back 3 months. Is 3 months enough? Also if any one has a sample letter and what address to post it to, that would be great as well.

Thanks.
Oh and also, i have a solicitor, every time i ask her for updates and anything extra we can do, all she says is keep waiting, do nothing and just wait...God is in control. I'm starting to wonder what she's getting paid for. She doesn't recommend the ombudsmen people, i see it has been successful for a few people, at what point should i start considering going for their service?
thanks again
Welcome sir,

First of all, some of these MP's, useless, is a posh name to decribe them with. Most of them ain't worth it. You just gotta keep pushing and try to exhaust that channel before you decide to go through the ombudsman route.

With regards to sending in more evidence, I will advise against it (just my opinion), if you have read through this thread, the same advise is being given. Why? I believe it should be used for "just on case" purposes. Everybody is praying for a successful outcome and I also pray that yours and ours will come out successful in Jesus name. But all the same a PLAN B should be in place I.e. if the outcome is not favourable and you need to appeal, you wife's changes in circumstances will sure drive your case to a higher strength. So let them decide on what you have submitted and then come back at them with new developments. You have to always be a step ahead of these guys like Believe2013 will always say.

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:55 pm

mj8 wrote:Hi all, been reading every week, congratulations to all those who have had good news and more favour from God to those of us who are still waiting. "End of summer" is such a vague time slot for them to give us...could be mid sept, but according to british summer time, its 27th october. Either way, the waiting is long, hard & emotionally challenging but we have faith and God continues to give us strength. On a positive note, I would like every1 of us here who have partners, husbands, wives, sponsors, family, friends, etc who have been supportive to try and make our gratitude known....to tell the truth, if not for strong support networks, many of us would have lost the willingness to fight long time ago so BIG MASSIVE thank you to all of you + plenty of HUGS and KISSES.

Thanks.
thanks again
Don't send anything now,your FLRO application is base on ( out of immigration rules)so you don't need to meet the financial requirement.
My application took 13 months for them to make decision but my application is for extension though.

mj8
Newly Registered

Post by mj8 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:55 pm

@ yummymummy3j thank you, my application is an extension.
@ dapsonlee and daniel97, thanks for your replies.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:56 pm

@daniel97 waoh 13months for extension?such a long time to wait.... i have been waitin nearly 10 months nw to extend mine too and the waitin is getting annoyin

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:01 pm

MJ8 Welcome and a very fitting tribute to all those that support us everyday - thank you.

good evening All.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:06 pm

mj8 i think you need to tel lyr mp you want to escalate things and tell him you hv spoken to d ombudman and they said yr mp has to be d one to refer you ....call dis no 03450154033 its d no for d ombudsman tell them yr situation and wat yr mp said you might be lucky they might call d ho for you without mp referal .......dats wat hapnd in my case........dont send anymore docs...you are gonna be granted an extension its just d waiting game dats gettin a bit annoyin...good luck bro

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:14 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:mj8 i think you need to tel lyr mp you want to escalate things and tell him you hv spoken to d ombudman and they said yr mp has to be d one to refer you ....call dis no 03450154033 its d no for d ombudsman tell them yr situation and wat yr mp said you might be lucky they might call d ho for you without mp referal .......dats wat hapnd in my case........dont send anymore docs...you are gonna be granted an extension its just d waiting game dats gettin a bit annoyin...good luck bro

Well seem like MJ8 has so many options already lol what a family felt thread

Hope your weekend is going well, yummymummy, believe2013, and how is Verbina holding up as well as everyone else :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:22 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:mj8 i think you need to tel lyr mp you want to escalate things and tell him you hv spoken to d ombudman and they said yr mp has to be d one to refer you ....call dis no 03450154033 its d no for d ombudsman tell them yr situation and wat yr mp said you might be lucky they might call d ho for you without mp referal .......dats wat hapnd in my case........dont send anymore docs...you are gonna be granted an extension its just d waiting game dats gettin a bit annoyin...good luck bro

Well seem like MJ8 has so many options already lol what a family felt thread

Hope your weekend is going well, yummymummy, believe2013, and how is Verbina holding up as well as everyone else :)
Haha Im very well, thank you for asking!! :D
My plan was to forget about all things immigration until Monday and party all weekend lool. But clearly I cant keep away from you guys! 8)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:27 pm

mj8 wrote:@ yummymummy3j thank you, my application is an extension.
@ dapsonlee and daniel97, thanks for your replies.
I waited 13 months for my extension,I was given another 3yrs discretionary leave,i wanted to appeal against their decision,i thought at least they should grant me indefinite due to their delay making decision on my case, i involved a solicitor regarding this,he told me not to bother but I can apply for indefinite in 2yrs time that I don't have to wait for the discretionary leave to expire in 3yrs time, that the time I have been waiting for their decision for my extension count towards the 6yrs of discretionary leave.