ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:28 pm

@dapsonlee thanx for checkin up on me bro ...am still maintaining my sanity...i hope you are having fun too?God bless you
@verbina i dont blame you enjoy yr self dear.....afterall its only one life we ve got to live ...lollllll

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:31 pm

@daniel did you involve yr mp and ombudman or you just waited for them to decide?

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:31 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@daniel97 waoh 13months for extension?such a long time to wait.... i have been waitin nearly 10 months nw to extend mine too and the waitin is getting annoyin
Yes,try to forget about them and move on with your life.

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:35 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@daniel did you involve yr mp and ombudman or you just waited for them to decide?
I did involved my mp, no luck, only apologising letter from uk border,on four different occasion.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:35 pm

mj8 wrote:Hi all, been reading every week, congratulations to all those who have had good news and more favour from God to those of us who are still waiting. "End of summer" is such a vague time slot for them to give us...could be mid sept, but according to british summer time, its 27th october. Either way, the waiting is long, hard & emotionally challenging but we have faith and God continues to give us strength. On a positive note, I would like every1 of us here who have partners, husbands, wives, sponsors, family, friends, etc who have been supportive to try and make our gratitude known....to tell the truth, if not for strong support networks, many of us would have lost the willingness to fight long time ago so BIG MASSIVE thank you to all of you + plenty of HUGS and KISSES.
Now to my very small problem, heres my timeline -
Application type: FLR(o)
Application made: 29th Aug 2012
Confirmation letter received: 4th Sep 2012
Biometrics received and submitted: 20th Feb 2013

Last time i posted a message, i had just contacted my MP and asked him for some help. He replied about 3 wks later to say there is nothing he can do and to keep waiting and contact him again in 3 months if i haven't heard from HO yet. So end of this month will be 1 yr since i applied and my wife suggested sending in supporting documents since her financial situation has got better since we applied even though HO hasn't asked for it. Has any1 tried this? I was thinking of sending bills, bank statements etc going back 3 months. Is 3 months enough? Also if any one has a sample letter and what address to post it to, that would be great as well.

Thanks.
Oh and also, i have a solicitor, every time i ask her for updates and anything extra we can do, all she says is keep waiting, do nothing and just wait...God is in control. I'm starting to wonder what she's getting paid for. She doesn't recommend the ombudsmen people, i see it has been successful for a few people, at what point should i start considering going for their service?
thanks again
Hi hun! Re your solicitor: I had the same issue with mine, he was always saying bla bla just wait, nothing else we can do for now...
Anyway, I found that when I was being specific and telling him that I would like to send a particular document to HO, he told me its fine to do further submissions! So just tell your solicitor exactly what you want to send now and why. Good luck!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:39 pm

when d ombudsman rang them last week they said they r lookin in to my case already dat they are waiting for some check to come back from the police data base and as soon as they get that a decision will be made............. one excuse or the other GOD HELP US

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:42 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:when d ombudsman rang them last week they said they r lookin in to my case already dat they are waiting for some check to come back from the police data base and as soon as they get that a decision will be made............. one excuse or the other GOD HELP US
Oh babe!!!!!! Police check thing is so easy and only takes about 2 weeks max!!!!! Awwwwh! So excited for you!! You will be celebrating your freedom next week!!! xxx

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Fine thx Dapsonlee, having a bbq and I keep sneaking away to check on the thread, lol - Goodluck Daniel97, verbina, yummymummyj3 and MJ8 enjoy your sat evening.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:47 pm

@VERBINA THX DEAR I ALMOST HAD MY FINGERS CHOPPED OFF AT THE POST OFFICE IN MARCH WHILE HAVIN MY BIO DONE I THOT ALL THE CHECKS WILL HV BE DONE THEN, SERIOUSLY THEY HELD ON TO IT FOR 5MONTHS B4 THEY CHECKED IT??????? ,,,,,,,AM HISSING IN SPANISH'''''''''''

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:48 pm

OMG!!! BELIEVE BBQ SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVIN A LOT OF FUN,,,,,SEND SOME TO ME ..LOL...ENJOY BRO

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi guys

I am confused about the English Language requirement thing, I have O & A levels. An NVQ 2 and I was accepted on a foundation Course at the University but Unfortunately i could not get funding from SFC because i was granted leave to remain(APPENDIX FM, parent of British child). So i have decided to apply for access to nursing & mid wifery (diploma) at college in order to progress up without wasting the 30months.

Qn.

1. Do i still have to do the English Language test to have when i am applying for an extention.

I have applied for a contact order that is to come through shortly in regards to my daughter.

I am also paying maintaince through CSA and got all that evidence for financial suppport and reciepts for any more money i deposit.

2. What other evidence can i prepare for renewal.

3. Can i also use same day service for the extension.

Thanks

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:10 pm

mj8 wrote:Hi all, been reading every week, congratulations to all those who have had good news and more favour from God to those of us who are still waiting. "End of summer" is such a vague time slot for them to give us...could be mid sept, but according to british summer time, its 27th october. Either way, the waiting is long, hard & emotionally challenging but we have faith and God continues to give us strength. On a positive note, I would like every1 of us here who have partners, husbands, wives, sponsors, family, friends, etc who have been supportive to try and make our gratitude known....to tell the truth, if not for strong support networks, many of us would have lost the willingness to fight long time ago so BIG MASSIVE thank you to all of you + plenty of HUGS and KISSES.
Now to my very small problem, heres my timeline -
Application type: FLR(o)
Application made: 29th Aug 2012
Confirmation letter received: 4th Sep 2012
Biometrics received and submitted: 20th Feb 2013

Last time i posted a message, i had just contacted my MP and asked him for some help. He replied about 3 wks later to say there is nothing he can do and to keep waiting and contact him again in 3 months if i haven't heard from HO yet. So end of this month will be 1 yr since i applied and my wife suggested sending in supporting documents since her financial situation has got better since we applied even though HO hasn't asked for it. Has any1 tried this? I was thinking of sending bills, bank statements etc going back 3 months. Is 3 months enough? Also if any one has a sample letter and what address to post it to, that would be great as well.

Thanks.
Oh and also, i have a solicitor, every time i ask her for updates and anything extra we can do, all she says is keep waiting, do nothing and just wait...God is in control. I'm starting to wonder what she's getting paid for. She doesn't recommend the ombudsmen people, i see it has been successful for a few people, at what point should i start considering going for their service?
thanks again
Godgives

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:38 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@VERBINA THX DEAR I ALMOST HAD MY FINGERS CHOPPED OFF AT THE POST OFFICE IN MARCH WHILE HAVIN MY BIO DONE I THOT ALL THE CHECKS WILL HV BE DONE THEN, SERIOUSLY THEY HELD ON TO IT FOR 5MONTHS B4 THEY CHECKED IT??????? ,,,,,,,AM HISSING IN SPANISH'''''''''''
Lol now that's very funny hissing in Spanish. Verbina is right 2 weeks it takes and it's only sent off when a case worker delves into your case. So I must presume they are at the final stage of your case. I guess the 2 weeks of silence in this forum means cases that are being dealt with in slow motion will shell out loads of testimonies this coming week. (Amen)

Verbina lol that's what we are here for. Bill Withers never sang that "lean on me" any better. Always remember, you are not alone we are all in it together. The storm can blow, thunders could strike a palm tree but it never breaks, it only bends and then it comes back stronger. This is only a trial.

I think we should just have believe2013 bring that BBQ close to Westminster Abbey don't understand why he believes those chicken sacrificed their souls for his mouth alone :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:44 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@VERBINA THX DEAR I ALMOST HAD MY FINGERS CHOPPED OFF AT THE POST OFFICE IN MARCH WHILE HAVIN MY BIO DONE I THOT ALL THE CHECKS WILL HV BE DONE THEN, SERIOUSLY THEY HELD ON TO IT FOR 5MONTHS B4 THEY CHECKED IT??????? ,,,,,,,AM HISSING IN SPANISH'''''''''''
Lol now that's very funny hissing in Spanish. Verbina is right 2 weeks it takes and it's only sent off when a case worker delves into your case. So I must presume they are at the final stage of your case. I guess the 2 weeks of silence in this forum means cases that are being dealt with in slow motion will shell out loads of testimonies this coming week. (Amen)

Verbina lol that's what we are here for. Bill Withers never sang that "lean on me" any better. Always remember, you are not alone we are all in it together. The storm can blow, thunders could strike a palm tree but it never breaks, it only bends and then it comes back stronger. This is only a trial.

I think we should just have believe2013 bring that BBQ close to Westminster Abbey don't understand why he believes those chicken sacrificed their souls for his mouth alone :)
Hahaha! Epic!!! Them poor chickens!!!! They ll bare their teeth for the final time!!!!!
Last edited by verbina on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:56 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@ale

I think you should just wait for your aticle 8 application to be decided and if you don't mind me asking when did ukba send you this letter

I've sent you PM
Last edited by ale001 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ale001

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:57 pm

What is the police check??

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:32 pm

LOL @ VERBINA AND DAPSONLEE U GUYS ARE SOMTHIN ELSE ...NEVER A DULL MOMENT..
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:35 pm

@NUCHI SAME QUESTN I ASKED MYSELF WEN I WS TOLD DAT THEY R WAITING FOR POLICE CHECK TO COME BACK...I GUESS DAT SHOULD HV BEEN DONE WEN WE ALMOST HAD OUR FINGERS SCRAPPED OFF DOING BIOMETRICS.....GUESS ITS JUST TO CHECK WE HAVE NOT COMMITTED ANY CRIME

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:58 pm

@JOEJO.. NO U DO NOT NEED ENGLISH TEST FOR EXTENSION
NO THERE IS NO SAME DAY SERVICE FOR EXTENSION ITS POSTAL APPLICATION

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:17 pm

@ale

I've replied

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:38 pm

@yummymummy3j

Thanks, so will i be able to use same day when applying for ILR after the 5 yrs as well as taking the English and life in the UK test?

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:10 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@NUCHI SAME QUESTN I ASKED MYSELF WEN I WS TOLD DAT THEY R WAITING FOR POLICE CHECK TO COME BACK...I GUESS DAT SHOULD HV BEEN DONE WEN WE ALMOST HAD OUR FINGERS SCRAPPED OFF DOING BIOMETRICS.....GUESS ITS JUST TO CHECK WE HAVE NOT COMMITTED ANY CRIME
Thanks yummymummy!

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

FLR O application refused

Post by amjadleeds » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:39 am

Hi everyone

FLRO refused even kids 9 year in this country, and my application for ILR is pending, pursuing right of appeal , what you think is it strong case or not.
7 years law child in this country.
Your suggestion and advice will be great.

regards
amajd

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 am

@joejo yes u can use dame day for ilr

nikitpatel
India

Re: FLR O application refused

Post by nikitpatel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:06 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

FLRO refused even kids 9 year in this country, and my application for ILR is pending, pursuing right of appeal , what you think is it strong case or not.
7 years law child in this country.
Your suggestion and advice will be great.

regards
amajd
How come u got 2 cases? Sorry but i dont know ur case. Please write something more.