ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) application: 'home and finances' question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie_2013

SET (O) application: 'home and finances' question

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:49 pm

A couple of questions bother me in the home and finances section.

1) Are you working in the UK? : I don't have a job right now, but will get one very soon as I am in the final stage of the interview process. Is it advisable to just say yes and add a comment that I am in the final stages of the employment process (can provide interview confirmation letters) and provide the future salary? Or just say No??

2) Does a relative or friend of you regularly give money?: What is the purpose of this question? People will look out for eachother financially in general anyway. Not sure how to answer this one

3) Is your home in the UK rented by you?: Well I share my house with my landloard. I rent a room upstairs and he lives downstairs. Can I just tick the option - 'privately rented by you?' or 'owned or rented by a relative or friend?' or 'others'

any comments would be appreciated
thanks

dk2011

Re: SET (O) application: 'home and finances' question

Post by dk2011 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:57 pm

[quote="newbie_2013"]A couple of questions bother me in the home and finances section.

1)[b] Are you working in the UK?[/b] : I don't have a job right now, but will get one very soon as I am in the final stage of the interview process. Is it advisable to just say yes and add a comment that I am in the final stages of the employment process (can provide interview confirmation letters) and provide the future salary? Or just say No??-- You need to check 'No'
Write a separate note that you are looking for one and hopeful of getting it.

2) [b]Does a relative or friend of you regularly give money?[/b]: What is the purpose of this question? People will look out for eachother financially in general anyway. Not sure how to answer this one--The question here is whether for your survival are you dependent on someone who regularly gives you money ? If no , then say 'No'.
3) [b]Is your home in the UK rented by you?[/b]: Well I share my house with my landloard. I rent a room upstairs and he lives downstairs. Can I just tick the option - 'privately rented by you?' or 'owned or rented by a relative or friend?' or 'others'--'privately rented by you

any comments would be appreciated
thanks[/quote]

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks dk2011

Just a bit daunting filling this section coz even I am on Tier 1 and gained enough points for ILR, I don't have a job for the past 6 months and not have much in bank account. Fingers crossed for everything.

silverline

Post by silverline » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:22 pm

There is no harm in exploring self-employment route, if you have lost your job.