ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is maternity allowance public fund

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yvo1234

Is maternity allowance public fund

Post by yvo1234 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Question....My wife have two years spouse visa , Can she claim maternity allowance as she have worked ? She is making ilr application end of this year.

Thanks.[/quote]

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is maternity allowance public fund

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:26 pm

yvo1234 wrote:Question....My wife have two years spouse visa , Can she claim maternity allowance as she have worked ? She is making ilr application end of this year.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Maternity allowance is not a public fund so it's fine. See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... blicfunds/ for a list of public funds. If you are not subject to immigration I.e. bc then you claim the chid benefit and tax credits.

kannit

Post by kannit » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:26 am

Hi,

My wife is on Tier1General visa with ILR due in 2015. Can she claim maternity benefit without any impact on ILR application?

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:32 am

kannit wrote:Hi,

My wife is on Tier1General visa with ILR due in 2015. Can she claim maternity benefit without any impact on ILR application?

Regards
She may be entitled to statutory maternity pay if not then maybe maternity allowance neither of which are public funds. What is your immigration status?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kannit

Post by kannit » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:50 am

D4109125 wrote:

Regards
She may be entitled to statutory maternity pay if not then maybe maternity allowance neither of which are public funds. What is your immigration status?
I am also on Tier 1 General with ILR due in 2015. Does it change anything?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:38 am

kannit wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Regards
I am also on Tier 1 General with ILR due in 2015. Does it change anything?
No just neither of you can claim public funds. So no child benefit and tax credits until one of you are settled.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

yvo1234

Maternity allowance income add to SETM

Post by yvo1234 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi,
As my wife on two years spouse visa, she is claiming maternity allowance at the moment. My question can we add maternity allowance and child tax credit and child benefit to SET M form to meet the adequate maintenance requirement.
Also I have been made redundant last month, but now I am working for employment agency receiving £800 to £1000 a month, can I add that income £800 - £1000 per month add to SET M financial section.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maternity allowance income add to SETM

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:09 pm

yvo1234 wrote:Hi,
As my wife on two years spouse visa, she is claiming maternity allowance at the moment. My question can we add maternity allowance and child tax credit and child benefit to SET M form to meet the adequate maintenance requirement.
Also I have been made redundant last month, but now I am working for employment agency receiving £800 to £1000 a month, can I add that income £800 - £1000 per month add to SET M financial section.
Yes, you can put them all down, the child benefit should be in your name and the tax credits in joint names.