ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SDP

Re: FLR O application refused

Post by SDP » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:06 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

FLRO refused even kids 9 year in this country, and my application for ILR is pending, pursuing right of appeal , what you think is it strong case or not.
7 years law child in this country.
Your suggestion and advice will be great.

regards
amajd
Hmmm....strange refusal , but that's UKBA for us, anyway you got ROA go ahead with it you have a strong case or
It could also be that they might make a decision on your ILR application
Can you share your timeline please if that is ok with you !
Good luck keep praying to the almighty !

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:40 am

@amjad leeds pls shed more light pls on yr situatn...its kinda strange u got refused.....

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:16 am

Good morning all

@amjad, you made two applications one FLR(O) which was refused and the other ILR which is pending. Were you advised to go via this route?
Very bizarre you got refused on the FLR(O) Could you please share with us the grounds for refusal?
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

nilemarques
Member of Standing

FLR(O) timelines

Post by nilemarques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:51 am

Hi all, Been silently watching and reading your posts on this forum. Been a member since last year. Just been too depressed to post much really. I must say that i found it amazing how you guys encourage,comfort and advise each other,so i decided to post my timeline to people who are in my situation. Made the application in May 2012. MP contacted along the way as well as me calling them myself enquiring the progress of my case. MP told application is being looked at. No progress really. Called them again about a month or 2 ago. Call centre person stated that my case was with a caseworker and that they are going to try and clear cases by end of summer. Still waiting but recently received a letter requesting further evidence. Further evidence sent and awaiting outcome. Anyway my timeline for my FLR(O) application is as follows:

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/05/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 28/05/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 12/07/2012
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 17/07/2012
Date further evidence from HO: 23/07/2013
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(0)

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(O) timelines

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:24 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi all, Been silently watching and reading your posts on this forum. Been a member since last year. Just been too depressed to post much really. I must say that i found it amazing how you guys encourage,comfort and advise each other,so i decided to post my timeline to people who are in my situation. Made the application in May 2012. MP contacted along the way as well as me calling them myself enquiring the progress of my case. MP told application is being looked at. No progress really. Called them again about a month or 2 ago. Call centre person stated that my case was with a caseworker and that they are going to try and clear cases by end of summer. Still waiting but recently received a letter requesting further evidence. Further evidence sent and awaiting outcome. Anyway my timeline for my FLR(O) application is as follows:

Welcome Nilemarques, I guess congratulations are in order if the document requested was submitted in appropriate order. Its very definite your case is being looked into so believe it's a waiting game really so the only job you have now is to be in fervent in prayer and I strongly believe it will yield a positive result.

Could you pls endeavour to shed a little light on what your application is/was based upon and is it an extension or perhaps a fresh application?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Welcome Nile to our 'Mutual Appreciation Society' Dapsonlee, yummymummy3j and verbina usually head the welcoming committee. 8)
Keep the faith dear sir, your battle is almost won.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:34 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi all, Been silently watching and reading your posts on this forum. Been a member since last year. Just been too depressed to post much really. I must say that i found it amazing how you guys encourage,comfort and advise each other,so i decided to post my timeline to people who are in my situation. Made the application in May 2012. MP contacted along the way as well as me calling them myself enquiring the progress of my case. MP told application is being looked at. No progress really. Called them again about a month or 2 ago. Call centre person stated that my case was with a caseworker and that they are going to try and clear cases by end of summer. Still waiting but recently received a letter requesting further evidence. Further evidence sent and awaiting outcome. Anyway my timeline for my FLR(O) application is as follows:

Looks like you are nearly there now , very soon you will party...
Have patience

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Welcome Nile to our 'Mutual Appreciation Society' Dapsonlee, yummymummy3j and verbina usually head the welcoming committee. 8)
Sigh lol the welcoming committee. Dude I give up. Happy Sunday guys hope you had a good time at the BBQ yesterday? Verbina hoped you had the one with the set of teeth lol

By the way how is GodGives he seem so quiet in the past week?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:23 pm

@Dapsonlee,Believe2013 and SDP, Thank you for your warm welcome.

@Dapsonlee. Well, my story is that I came on a visitor visa 12 years ago,later, changed to dependent. Visa valid till 2006,expired. Tried to switch category to student before its actual expiry as i was at University then. Application refused. Overstayer since then until I made FLR(O) app based on Private and family life in May 2012. Got a daughter who was born here and is 9 years old and also a son who has lived here for more than 9 years who will be 19 soon.

Hope that sheds a little more light on my circumstance.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:47 pm

@nil

As long as they have asked you to provide more evidence that means things are looking good for you because ukba don't have time to waste if they feel your case isn't strong trust me they won't waste there time asking for more evidence all you need to do is make sure the evidence provided is good enough to convince them so am fussing you will be fine :D

If you don't mind what evidence was required and when did they ask you to submit it and was there a time limit for the submission?

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:21 pm

@believe and partners you guyz will not kill me with laughter....." now we need a charity no to complete it.....mutual appreciation society"....
@nilemarques a very warm welcome to you.....its a good thing yr case is being looked in to and dont worry they have a huge backlog dats wats causing the delay they will still spend days verifying and doin checks on d recent bills you sent , kick the depression in the butt its not for you and yr case look strong, you are almost there..... we kick depression in the butt on this forum that how we try to keep our sanity.good luck bro this is yr week of goodnews
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:22 pm

[quote="ONLYME1"]@nil

As long as they have asked you to provide more evidence that means things are looking good for you because ukba don't have time to waste if they feel your case isn't strong trust me they won't waste there time asking for more evidence all you need to do is make sure the evidence provided is good enough to convince them so am fussing you will be fine :D

If you don't mind what evidence was required and when did they ask you to submit it and was there a time limit for the submission?[/quote]

@ONLYME1, they basically wanted evidence to see if we are still a family unit. So I gathered as much as i could and included bills from yesteryears in my name and in my wife's. Just anything I had kept from throughout the years. Yes,they gave me a time limit by 2 August.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Then you should be fine :) just give them a couple of weeks and did your case worker include a sticker for you to use in returning it? Because that way it goes straight to him or her and it gets death with at once but if no sticker it takes ages to get to your case worker

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Thank you yummymummy3j for te welcome and the kind words of encouragement.
@onlyme1, my legal rep is currently away on his hols and what happened was that the letter got sent to his office and his mail only gets opened every other day so I had 3 days left before my time limit to send the evidence when i got an e-mail from him, so i just sent it to the address on the copy of the letter sent to my legal rep. He did mention that there was a green label or sticker( If that is what you are asking about)

Has anyone had a similar situation where they have asked for further evidence and after how long has the HO given them a decision?
Last edited by nilemarques on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Yes that green label sticker carries your caseworker name your case I'd and address to him or her directly

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:39 pm

[quote="ONLYME1"]Yes that green label sticker carries your caseworker name your case I'd and address to him or her directly[/quote]

Ok! Oh well,never mind,since I was really pressed for time to beat the deadline,I had no solution but to post it. I guess I'll have to wait for it to trudge along until it gets to to him or her.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:42 pm

@NILE BUT DID YOU POST IT VIA RECORDED DELIVERY?

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:42 pm

You will be fine did you attach your name dob and case I'd number?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Yes,I sent it by special delivery, next day delivery and wrote a cover letter with my HO reference number and case ID. My heart is just pacing since I sent te documents. Hopefully it wont be long before they reply.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:17 pm

I know exactly how you feel I myself was asked to provide a supporting document and was given till the 8th of August which I did with recorded deliver and it delivered on the 5th ever since my heart n head is all over the place.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:35 pm

With all the support and prayers from guys on this forum,we'll get there. So it seems that at the moment no one else has had a response and received positive decision before 'the end of summer' as the HO said.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:38 pm

@nil

I sent you a message read n mail back

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:21 pm

[quote="ONLYME1"]@nil

I sent you a message read n mail back[/quote]

Hi, I have replied your message.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi hun!!! Welcome to the forum!!!!
Urrrm dont know your story, but I think its a very good sign HO requested more evidence from you!!! Usually everything happens pretty quick after that!!! Quite a few guys on here been granted virtually a week or two after sending off them extra docs hun! You re almost there!!!!! :D :D :D
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Welcome Nile to our 'Mutual Appreciation Society' Dapsonlee, yummymummy3j and verbina usually head the welcoming committee. 8)

Yep yep !!!!! ( presses imaginary *LIKE* button)

I thought they'd make me a senior member after 200 posts like.....

8)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."