ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sorry, I've lost the overview...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bloody-Fox

Sorry, I've lost the overview...

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi,

We (German national with Brazilian wife) will soon be moving to Ireland and apply for a Stamp 4 via form EU1..

Somehow I have completely lost the overview though..

It was my understanding that upon arrival in the state we have to simply fill out form EU1 and send it off to the INIS together with the supporting documents. Now I recently came across the term GNIB card that needs to be obtained..

Is that GNIB card something we have to get in addition to the stamp 4 application and if so, how long after entering Ireland do we need to do so?

I would be glad if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Yes, I'm aware of the right form and the INIS application..

I'm just not sure about this GNIB card.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:52 pm

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

I am lost too now.
what I thought was we send eu1 form . passport comes back with letter for eu4 stamp than we go for GNIB registration or stamp 4.
so what's the simple answer on arrival we go to GNIB for stamp 4. and after that we apply eu1.
or first we apply eu1 and with letter sent from eu treaty dept we go to GNIB :roll:
Last edited by sierra on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Send the form EU1 first. Once you get your acknowledgement letter, go to the GNIB to get a temporary Stamp 4. 6 month after they received your form EU1 you will get a final decision letter. If the decision is positive, you can go back to the GNIB to get the Stamp 4 EUFam.

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 am

jeupsy wrote:Send the form EU1 first. Once you get your acknowledgement letter, go to the GNIB to get a temporary Stamp 4. 6 month after they received your form EU1 you will get a final decision letter. If the decision is positive, you can go back to the GNIB to get the Stamp 4 EUFam.
Thanks jeupsy,

I was under the impression that the temporary stamp 4 would already be in the passport, once the INIS are sending it back.

But now it starts to make sense.

Thanks a lot

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 am

No problem. When entering Ireland, they will actually probably put a stamp on the passport saying that you have 30 days to register with the GNIB. There is little point in doing that as it will cost money and won't change anything for the non EU citizen as they would not give a stamp 4 at this stage. Better just send the form EU1 and wait for the letter (for the first 3 month they can't force you to register)

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 pm

jeupsy wrote:No problem. When entering Ireland, they will actually probably put a stamp on the passport saying that you have 30 days to register with the GNIB. There is little point in doing that as it will cost money and won't change anything for the non EU citizen as they would not give a stamp 4 at this stage. Better just send the form EU1 and wait for the letter (for the first 3 month they can't force you to register)
we'll see if there will be entry stamps at all, as we're entering in Rosslare via ferry from Cherbourg.