ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment declined for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liverpool786786
Newly Registered

Payment declined for Naturalisation

Post by liverpool786786 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi there I was wondering if anyone else has had there payment declined for naturalisation. I have just had a payment declined and have reposted the payment but its bean more than 7 days and no payment has bean taken but the problem is that I have got plenty of funds and I don't understand why it's being declined as the bank says that there nothing wrong with the card. I don't want the payment to get declined again as I am worried they will send my application back. Any advice welcome thanks

VR

Not to worry

Post by VR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:59 pm

liverpool786786,

Go to this link and log a complaint and wait for their response...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

In your complaint give out all the details of your application and mention that despite there being sufficient funds in your account, you have been forced to endure a lot of anxiety.
cheers
vr

boloney

Re: Not to worry

Post by boloney » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:24 am

VR wrote:liverpool786786,

Go to this link and log a complaint and wait for their response...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

In your complaint give out all the details of your application and mention that despite there being sufficient funds in your account, you have been forced to endure a lot of anxiety.
cheers
vr
how thats gonna help him?
It maybe declined by bank, as it is a lot of money they would't take the risk. The best it to let bank know that he is expecting payment to be taken from his account in couple of weeks and they will make note on his account and let the money go.

VR

How is it going to help him?

Post by VR » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:55 am

Boloney,

This is not the first time that payment has been declined despite there being funds in the account. This is a recurring feature which I remember seeing during the last 7 to 8 years.

They will eventually write to him and take the money out of his account. This happens when their system conks off, causing unnecessary anxiety to the applicant.

This is the best option because you are logging an issue in which you are in the clear. There is absolutely no point in calling them to verify the status of your application etc especially when you yourself know the funds have not been taken out of your account.

I have seen the issue being resolved in 3 weeks in the past when this method was adopted.

You do not need to let the bank know that somebody is going to take funds etc. So long as there is funds in the account, they will honor unless the amount is suspiciously huge. 1000 to 2000 quid is no great shakes m8(Unless you convert to japanese yen or bangladeshi taka and look at it :-))
cheers
vr

boloney

Re: How is it going to help him?

Post by boloney » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 am

Trust me banks see it suspicious if you don't make such transactions often. Once I was buying camcorder on ebay through paypal and I had a phone call from bank if I made the transaction before they released the money. So it does't make any harm if you let them know.

VR

Letting the banks know

Post by VR » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:38 am

Boloney,

Landlords these days are suspicious about tenants. But do you let them know each time you use the loo. Comeon m8 a person applying for BC is tense as it is. Bringing in unknown fears and phobias is the last thing you should be doing.
cheers
vr

boloney

Re: Letting the banks know

Post by boloney » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:10 pm

VR wrote:Boloney,

Landlords these days are suspicious about tenants. But do you let them know each time you use the loo. Comeon m8 a person applying for BC is tense as it is. Bringing in unknown fears and phobias is the last thing you should be doing.
cheers
vr
well people had payemnts declined, one of the ways to avoid it is to let bank know about it. Otherwise I would't blame it on them for stopping it. At the end of the day they are responsible for it, if it was fraud they will have to cover it. So they have the right tocheck make sure everything is in order. What would you do if someone used your card to make a payment for £900? You would blame bank for it. Chill out mate.