ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student / Work Experience Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saw87
Newly Registered

Student / Work Experience Visa

Post by saw87 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm writing on behalf of a friend, I hope someone can help...

My friend (Turkish female) graduated from a Turkish university in 2011 with a degree in midwifery. She continued her studies and is currently enrolled on a Masters at the same university. In 2010 she went to Germany on an internship for the summer. She is now looking into the possibility of coming to the UK for two weeks in November 2013. She would like to gain work experience, improve her English and generally experience life in the UK during her trip.

Is there a visa which covers this kind of short stay? Is it even possible for a non EU student to come to the UK for work experience (as opposed to actually studying here)?

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated, thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:40 pm

You should look up the European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) with Turkey as people from Turkey are able to get some special visas. I think there was one for workers, nt sure if it's still available but perhaps worth looking into.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.