ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Disabled immigrant/family member

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Disabled immigrant/family member

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Does anyone know what are the current immigration rules for Canada in the case of an immigrant with a disability or long term health problem?

Also what are the issues if the child of an immigrant has a long term disability?

Does anyone have a link to Canadian rules for disabled immigrants?
BL

jrge

Re: Disabled immigrant/family member

Post by jrge » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:54 am

Hi,
Brigid from Ireland wrote:Does anyone know what are the current immigration rules for Canada in the case of an immigrant with a disability or long term health problem?

Also what are the issues if the child of an immigrant has a long term disability?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio ... 91ETOC.asp
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:00 am

jrge wrote:Hi,
Brigid from Ireland wrote:Does anyone know what are the current immigration rules for Canada in the case of an immigrant with a disability or long term health problem?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio ... 91ETOC.asp
Quite frankly everyone knows that link and it does not answer the question. (this is a very reason this forum exists!). I would also be interested to know the answer to this question.

Thaks

jrge

Post by jrge » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:51 am

Hi,
ric1982 wrote:
Quite frankly everyone knows that link and it does not answer the question. (this is a very reason this forum exists!). I would also be interested to know the answer to this question.

Thaks
Then instead of observe and criticize, do your due diligence and at least try to help OP.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks for that.

I am trying to work out what constitutes 'excessive demand' on health or social services from the point of view of illness or disability. If anyone can explain it in easy language that would be good.

Some family members need to move to a country with better health care, and all countries are under consideration. I think from research so far that EU countries are more likely to give full rights to immigrants with disabled family member, so that family member can access proper health care on same basis as a native citizen. So far my research shows EU is better if disabled.
BL

jrge

Post by jrge » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:16 am

Hi,
Brigid from Ireland wrote:Thanks for that.

I am trying to work out what constitutes 'excessive demand' on health or social services from the point of view of illness or disability. If anyone can explain it in easy language that would be good.

Some family members need to move to a country with better health care, and all countries are under consideration. I think from research so far that EU countries are more likely to give full rights to immigrants with disabled family member, so that family member can access proper health care on same basis as a native citizen. So far my research shows EU is better if disabled.
It has been explained to me that anything in excess on $5,000 - $6,000 yearly, it's considered excessive.

I must agree with you in terms of the quality and access to health care in Europe. It's the best I've had. Mind here in Canada my family and I enjoy the Provincial Health Care, and also our employers have provided us with some private health insurance, which enhances our benefits.

Unlike in the US, we aren't afraid to become ill ;)