ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa approved :-) what do I need to do now?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DanielL
Newly Registered

Visa approved :-) what do I need to do now?

Post by DanielL » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello finally after 8 months everything is ready, Visa for my wife was approved, and in 4 weeks time finally we will be together.

Join Spouse Visa was granted, I'm a holder of EU2 Permanent Residence Certificate.

I need some clarification, what do we need to do after she will be here?? Irish consulate was not really helpful, believe or not they just simply ignored all our questions !!!

I heard that she will need to register with local Garda station?
Is it necessary for her to fill ? Form EU1 Application for a Residence Card??

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

And now the most important question, what about her rights to work in Ireland? Will there be a problem to create PPs number for her?

Thanks in advance
Daniel

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:02 pm

It might be helpful if you gave some more information about your circumstances, nationalities involved, etc.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Assuming you are a non-Irish EU citizen working in Ireland?
You will have to submit the form EU1 for her. 1 to 2 months later they will send you a letter to acknowledge the application. At this stage you can go to the GNIB and she will get a temporary Stamp 4 (which is an official document allowing her t work in Ireland; even though EU laws actually allow her to work from her first day here). No need to go to the GNIB before you have the acknowledgement letter; they won't be able to do anything.

DanielL
Newly Registered

Post by DanielL » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:27 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:It might be helpful if you gave some more information about your circumstances, nationalities involved, etc.
Yeah this is a good idea :wink:

I'm from Poland (EU) and my wife is from Philippines.

I live and work in Ireland since 2006.