ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Just a quick question if you are on tier 1 and you apply for flro before visa runs out and you spent already 2 yrs on tier 1 n ur flro case is pending for 3 yrs can u apply for ILR as acknowledgement letter says ur status remain same until ur file is decided?

Thanks

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(O) timelines

Post by nilemarques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:30 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi all, Been silently watching and reading your posts on this forum. Been a member since last year. Just been too depressed to post much really. I must say that i found it amazing how you guys encourage,comfort and advise each other,so i decided to post my timeline to people who are in my situation. Made the application in May 2012. MP contacted along the way as well as me calling them myself enquiring the progress of my case. MP told application is being looked at. No progress really. Called them again about a month or 2 ago. Call centre person stated that my case was with a caseworker and that they are going to try and clear cases by end of summer. Still waiting but recently received a letter requesting further evidence. Further evidence sent and awaiting outcome. Anyway my timeline for my FLR(O) application is as follows:

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/05/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 28/05/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 12/07/2012
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 17/07/2012
Date further evidence from HO: 23/07/2013
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(0)[/quote]

Hi hun!!! Welcome to the forum!!!!
Urrrm dont know your story, but I think its a very good sign HO requested more evidence from you!!! Usually everything happens pretty quick after that!!! Quite a few guys on here been granted virtually a week or two after sending off them extra docs hun! You re almost there!!!!! :D :D :D[/quote]

Hi Verbina,
Thank you for the welcome. Your contribution to this forum hasn't gone unnoticed. As a silent member of the forum your views and advice were welcomed. Also your sharing of your circumstance and the strength you have shown is remarkable. I'm pretty sure things will work out for you and everyone else on this forum. Good to hear that some people have had positive results after the docs bit. But I suppose every case is different but we musn't lose faith. By the way,I wrote a bit of my story in my earlier posts today.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: FLR O application refused

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:09 am

SDP wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

FLRO refused even kids 9 year in this country, and my application for ILR is pending, pursuing right of appeal , what you think is it strong case or not.
7 years law child in this country.
Your suggestion and advice will be great.

regards
amajd
Hmmm....strange refusal , but that's UKBA for us, anyway you got ROA go ahead with it you have a strong case or
It could also be that they might make a decision on your ILR application
Can you share your timeline please if that is ok with you !
Good luck keep praying to the almighty !

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:10 am

amjadleeds wrote:
SDP wrote:

FLRO refused even kids 9 year in this country, and my application for ILR is pending, pursuing right of appeal , what you think is it strong case or not.

regards
amajd
Hmmm....strange refusal , but that's UKBA for us, anyway you got ROA go ahead with it you have a strong case or

Hi SDP,

I have applied ILR on basis of 10 year rule on Oct 2012, my application is pending, my solicitor applied for my family extension on FLRO form on basis of 9 years my kids in this country , case worker refused and put reason that not meet suitability requirement , that your partner and you for my wife dont have leave to remain even applied before visa expire, put reason kids have good future in home country, we have visted back home twice in 9 years for only 38 days total. We have right of appeal, they kept passport and even capita send letter when you are leaving country, I called them how it is possible to leave country when main applicant is pending, plus decision not made according to law. Court of appeal really busy, so havent received reference of appeal, hope will get within two week.
Guys really stress it was good option to extend leave to remain first and then apply ILR , I am on tier1 general which expired on 19 march.
Time line for FLRO applied on 15 March
Bio metric first one 5 April whole family,
Second bio metric on 20 June due to they said not registered bio metric for my wife only
Decision letter 26 June
Appeal lodged on 12July.
Rest waiting
Guys just need your prayers really stress, nearly 12 years in this country, qualified teacher , teaching in government college, not sure what will be happen my application too.
Guys please share your information too.
Regards
Amjad leeds

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:59 am

amjadleeds wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:
SDP wrote:

regards
amajd

Hi SDP,

I have applied ILR on basis of 10 year rule on Oct 2012, my application is pending, my solicitor applied for my family extension on FLRO form on basis of 9 years my kids in this country , case worker refused and put reason that not meet suitability requirement , that your partner and you for my wife dont have leave to remain even applied before visa expire, put reason kids have good future in home country, we have visted back home twice in 9 years for only 38 days total. We have right of appeal, they kept passport and even capita send letter when you are leaving country, I called them how it is possible to leave country when main applicant is pending, plus decision not made according to law. Court of appeal really busy, so havent received reference of appeal, hope will get within two week.
Guys really stress it was good option to extend leave to remain first and then apply ILR , I am on tier1 general which expired on 19 march.
Second bio metric on 20 June due to they said not registered bio metric for my wife only
Decision letter 26 June
Appeal lodged on 12July.
Rest waiting
Guys just need your prayers really stress, nearly 12 years in this country, qualified teacher , teaching in government college, not sure what will be happen my application too.
Regards
Amjad leeds
Good morning Amjad,

I am struggling a bit to understand your reasons for making two different applications. Correct me if I'm wrong, my understanding is that you were advised by your counsel to make a second application i.e FLRO because your initial 10yrs continuous stay ILR application hasn't been decided, and since your partner's leave to remain is near expiring you therefore made the decision to apply for flro.

If the above is true then I will suggest that there wasn't the need to include you in their application (I.e. your partner and children's flro application). If you do indeed had continuous leave to remain for 10yrs then you will be granted ILR. With that in the bag, even if your partner's flro application get refused, they will still have the opportunity to re-apply on the basis of a change in circumstances i.e your ILR.

In any case, from experience when the flro appeal process goes to the tribunal, worse case scenario the judge will make recommendation that removal should be put on hold until your ILR application is completed (if not done by then).

I think you do have a strong case, and will be very surprised if you don't get some kind of leave for the whole family...whether ILR or put on 2.5yrs (10yrs route). But hey! It's HO we are dealing with here and they are so unpredictable...

Hope the best for your case...

Ps. Please kindly proof read your post, and check your grammar ( I'm only suggesting this because you said you teach in a college)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:27 am

Morning guys!!! I have a feeling this week we will have lots of good news !!! Im just laying in wait by the letter box as we speak, ready to launch myself at the postman!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Kaban
Newly Registered

Post by Kaban » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:31 am

@Nilemarques
I was also asked to send my wife passport and our marriage certificate with a deadline 18 July.i send it on the 10th July and got my visa last week Thursday the 9th August.The BRP was issued on the 27th of July.So you keep trusting God that you will get ur visa very soon.
My visa is 2.5yrs and it said in the letter that i have to renew 3 more times to get ILR.Can anyone advise if the years I have been married and time application was sent should be deducted from the length of wait for ILR?

Been married 4yrs this October

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:54 am

Good morning Forum!!!!!!!!!!! hope some good news coming today, god bless to all and wishing you to good luck.

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:07 am

Ok so I call ukba this morning and they say we are dealing with applications done in November so am asking in my head thatbsobehat about those that applied in July August n still no response man these guys are just bunch of liars

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:13 am

Good morning all - I anticipate a lot of good news on this forum this week.
Keep believing and praying, your dreams will not be thwarted; your faith will be rewarded.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:28 am

A big amen @Verbina @Shondra and @Believe2013 kinda feel so much news this week and @Verbina go easy on that postman will ya lol :)

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:38 am

Morning all!!!!! I too can feel positive vibes!!!!!! Good luck to everyone on this forum.

@ Kaban,congratulations on getting your visa!!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:11 am

Good Morning beautiful bloggers,

@New bloggers...Welcome to the forum and all the best with your applications

Our Heavenly Father,I want to thank for being with us every step of this gruelling process.We lean on Your understanding and we ask You Almighty God to strengthen us.We pray for visas and freedom.Our Heavenly Father,we ask You to destroy any spirit of delay and setback that might be against our applications.We rebuke any evil assignments and plans coming for the UKBA in Jesus name.Our Heavenly Father,we put all our trust in You and we belive that You will make a way,where there's no way in Jesus name.Soak us and our applications in the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.We pray and believe..Amen.

Let's keep on the faith and hope for good results.I must confess that I was also on the verge of hammering Chris Bryant with a plastic hammer for waffling this morning when giving the speech...*Fatherforgiveforthehammering*.His department is in shambles and always feeding us with lies if not fairytales.I need to go waltz in HO with my bikini along with a sunbed and remind them about summer by busking in their office...*rollseyes*.I declare and decree we all winners for through God everything is possible!!Have a blessed week and pray this week brings More good tidings!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:24 am

Keisha wrote:Good Morning beautiful bloggers,

@New bloggers...Welcome to the forum and all the best with your applications

Our Heavenly Father,I want to thank for being with us every step of this gruelling process.We lean on Your understanding and we ask You Almighty God to strengthen us.We pray for visas and freedom.Our Heavenly Father,we ask You to destroy any spirit of delay and setback that might be against our applications.We rebuke any evil assignments and plans coming for the UKBA in Jesus name.Our Heavenly Father,we put all our trust in You and we belive that You will make a way,where there's no way in Jesus name.Soak us and our applications in the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.We pray and believe..Amen.

Let's keep on the faith and hope for good results.I must confess that I was also on the verge of hammering Chris Bryant with a plastic hammer for waffling this morning when giving the speech...*Fatherforgiveforthehammering*.His department is in shambles and always feeding us with lies if not fairytales.I need to go waltz in HO with my bikini along with a sunbed and remind them about summer by busking in their office...*rollseyes*.I declare and decree we all winners for through God everything is possible!!Have a blessed week and pray this week brings More good tidings!
Phew!!! That was some awesome prayer point. The spirit is moving this very morning. I claim it with a huge amen!!! Thank you :)

Well we all know Chris is an arse and a special one at that with his fairy god mother riding him with ease. But the idea of that bikini ain't bad. Might give some distractions and to look the other way on applications or might just confuse to unleash some sort of amnesty! Only if!!!

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:02 pm

The loudest amen to that awesome prayer

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Good morning everyone,

No news?...

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:33 pm

@Dapson....lol...I don't want to cause a standstill with people gasping for air...lol.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:37 pm

@Only and Dap...how you guys holding up?

@Chidy...Good news will be overflowing in no time by the grace of God!

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:01 pm

@keisha

Am fine thank you and yourself hope all is well with you ...... This week good news must come to many of us I pray haha amen

The waiting continues no hope lost still :)

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:30 pm

edited
Last edited by shareen24h on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Keisha wrote:@Only and Dap...how you guys holding up?

@Chidy...Good news will be overflowing in no time by the grace of God!
Lol just cos you mentioned it, gonna sit down play me some "Wiley - Heatwave" and think the whole bikini situation through.

I am good though thank you for asking. Hope your weekend was bliss? :)

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:35 pm

[quote="Time503"][quote="Kaban"]Just want to recap from my last post.To those who can remember,I was invited to the reporting centre,which I went with my lawyer and wife and son.I was basically interviewed and was told to report every Tuesday.A week after the interview I was sent a letter requesting for my wife's passport and our marriage certificate.We sent the requested documents 3 weeks ago .Just about an hour ago,my lawyer called me to I form me of the good news.I have been granted my visa for 2.5yrs.I haven't seen it yet but will go to collect it from my lawyer.It has been a struggle and I just want to praise Gid and thank everyone for there support and advise.i don't know how to celebrate or what to do.it feels like a dream and I can only say its just the beginning of more good news to come for everyone.To those who don't know my story s check my post....Jesus is lord...Remember that they can deny you for a while but they can never reach the inside of you that hope lies in..Pls keep the faith and continue to be strong.IT IS WELL[/quote]

Congrats to you!!!! More good news to come for this is only but the beginning!!!![/quote]

Hello Time503
Please check your inbox.

SDP

Post by SDP » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Good morning guys !

I reckon lot of good news will be in tomorrow...news from Friday must have come by saturday , and as UKBA doesn't work on Saturday there will be no news for us today..
Keep praying guys!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:49 pm

edit
Last edited by shareen24h on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:51 pm

[quote="shareen24h"][quote="amjadleeds"][quote="amjadleeds"][quote="SDP"][quote="amjadleeds"]Hi everyone

regards
amajd[/quote]

Good luck keep praying to the almighty ![/quote][/quote]

Hi SDP,

Decision letter 26 June
Appeal lodged on 12July.
Rest waiting
Regards
Amjad leeds[/quote]

Hello Guys

Please read the link and comment/status, which been copied from other forum in connection with 7 years child residency in UK.

eonex45
Leonex45

Platinum Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Do not confuse yourself, there is nothing like a 7 years rule. Where in the ukba rule or policy does it say if you child resides in the uk for 7 years then you would be granted leave to remain?

See:

http://www.ukresiden...entry1063520098[/quote]

Sorry please try the below link.

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/topic/ ... e-8/page-2