ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veritas
Newly Registered

Please Advice

Post by veritas » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:30 am

Hello guys I have been frequent visitor of this very helpful forum. This forum member have been great for sharing their experience and knowledge and explaining. I have question if any body can help. I have Pemanent Residnce card around 1 month but my six years as NON-EEA family member of EEA national who was exercising treaty rights will be in December. If I apply for naturalisation on basis of six years long residence of femily member of EEA national do I have to provide them all documents which I sent with my EEA4 application? It has to be six years or how early can I apply ? I have a child born in January this year who got his British passport as my wife completed 5 years in december and got pr in march this year. Should i send my kid passport with our naturalisation application would that be any help? If any body have same case or had same case ? Your help appreciated.

mealos

Post by mealos » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 am

Have you had a look at the guidance within application form and its accompanying notes about how to fill it?

There it explains briefly about what you need to provide in your application.

Have you been working here? I believe your employment history and/or NI contributions record statement will provide enough information about your residence in UK. In addition to that a couple of statements such as a savings account statement of past 6 years (like an itemization letter from bank) along with your marriage certificate and child's birth certificate should do enough.

Alternatively you can take similar to NCS team of your council and let them give a hand about it as well.

veritas
Newly Registered

Post by veritas » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks for quick reply mealos. Guidance notes have been read and that's what I meant do I have to send the all those six year documents and documents that I sent with my PR application? The question 2.4 in form AN if I am family member of EEA national what basis I was in UK for last six years ? Well my partner was exercising treaty rights and I was her dependant. What should should I say? Six years mean I can only apply after six years or bit early ? Please any one ?

mealos

Post by mealos » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:28 pm

I guess you have already given the answer: You have been an non EU dependant of an EU citizen that means if you are particularly building your claim on it then you have to submit the relevant docs about it according to my knowledge. Like if you had the ILR for a year it would be way more simple, 5 years residence with last year spent as settled person like the rest of us, but you intend to exercise the EU rights.

I am not fully sure about the waiting period after permanent residence of EU dependant, we need someone that knows.

Anyone seniors or people with similar past may help here better. If you can't be sure why not try to ring an NCS or even check online NCS appointments web pages of several councils. They have their own filtering system for invalid application a attempts in the first place before you knock their door.

veritas
Newly Registered

Post by veritas » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Any guru please if you guys understood what I wanted to ask ?

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:11 am

Have you read Q5 and Q6 of Naturalisation on Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions?

And make sure: British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs

facts

Re: Please Advice

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:25 am

veritas wrote: ... do I have to provide them all documents which I sent with my EEA4 application?
Yes, for those first five years plus the additional one year (year number six)
veritas wrote: ... It has to be six years or how early can I apply ?
No, you can't apply earlier. Are you worried about new language requirements?
veritas wrote: ... Should i send my kid passport with our naturalisation application would that be any help?
No, it won't help. This is irrelevant.

veritas
Newly Registered

Post by veritas » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:51 am

Thanx for reply . No I am not worried about new language test or new requirements . Every thing is clear from my side and these were few questions I wanted to get some info about . Yes I have six years proof and baby passport I was thinking help in assessing application as baby is already British .

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:25 pm

veritas wrote: ... my wife completed 5 years in december ...
veritas wrote:Yes I have six years proof and baby passport I was thinking help in assessing application as baby is already British .
Seems like you are married to EEA national. If you were unmarried then including child could have been useful depending on circumstance. Just send what is required and complete checklist of supporting documents on page 15. Your child's passport is not required!