ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR sucess for my hubby at glasgow PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

splashing

ILR sucess for my hubby at glasgow PEO

Post by splashing » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi all,

Many thanks for all ur help and advise.

Got my hubby's ILR on Wed - Aug7th at Glasgow PEO.

Just a brief summarry:
He came in to the country July 2011 with Tier 1 Gen Dep and in Jan 2013, renewed the visa as he had not spent 2yrs in the country. I got my ILR in Jan 2013 based on 5yrs route (HSMP+ Tier 1 gen)

So my hubby applied for ILR using Form SET O.
On getting to the Glasgow PEO office, we passed thru security, was given nos by the recptioniost and a questionaire to fill basically asking us if we were aware of the immigration rules surrounding our applicationand if we had used the right form and we ticked yes.
some mins after we were called to a desk. the guy now wanted to confuse us that my hubby should have filled Form "M" for his application.
Thak God for this forum and d knowledge gained, i stood my grounds and i explained to the guy dat no way . we are to fill form Set O as i filled set O when i applied etc. he was arging with me and i maintained my stand.
He now said , ok submit all cohab dos and other things and see what d case worker will say but just to let me know if it is wrong den i will loose my money.
i was still adamant and was ready to fight it cos i knew very well dat i used d right form.
In all , it was approved and no issues after that.
some of the workers do not know what they are doing and they tend to confuse u, so pls sure u know what u are doing and applying and d rules surrounding it all.

Many thanks alll
till next yr ooooo for the big Red oneeeeeeeee.

at